General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 05:17 AM
Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 300zx keeps dying. The engine is built up and the car is beautiful. Lately the car went dead on me. I thought it was the battery but I replaced it with a red top and the same thing happened. I think it might be the alternator but I don't know. I just need some advice. The car starts to lose power and the engine hesitates. Slowly the lights dim and then when I hit the gas or brake, My battery light, brake light, and engine light go on and of. It happens all the time.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Default RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know of a quick and easy way to test your alternator and chargeing system. start the car and let it idle, then disconect the negative terminal of the bat. if the chargeing system is good there should be no change, if there is a chargeing problem(alternator) the car will stall as soon as the terminal is removed. i hope this test will help you locate your problem. best of luck

Old 08-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Default RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That definelty sounds like an altenator problem. I had that happen in mine execpt i was driving down the pa turnpike and lost charge. All my lights turned on and the engine died. Then i pulled off the road and tried to restart it, but the charge was fadding and it wouldnt turn over. Replaced the alt. and it worked great after that.