General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

micra

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 02:32 PM
cb
Default micra

Hi,
I just wondered if anyone could help with a couple of things. I bought a Micra SVE a few weeks ago. I got it from a car supermarket & so only have 30 days warranty on it. The company warranty ran out cos it wasn't serviced in time. However, I got home from shopping today & couldn't open the boot. I had to lift the shopping over the back seat! There was a long beeping noise before I switched off the engine & then the boot would just not open. I tried everything. All the other doors are locking & unlocking fine. Any ideas anyone?
Also, before I bought the car, the place I got it from carried out their usual 72 point check & changed oil, checked brakes etc. (basically a service). But because it wasn't a Nissan service I now have the message on the dash that a service is due & I don't know how to get it off the display. Do I have to take it to a Nissan dealer or is there a way of taking the message off?
Thanks.
If anyone can help I would be really grateful.