General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need help quick!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Default Need help quick!!!

Hi can anyone give me some idea as to what is stopping my car from starting. I have a 1993 Nissan Sunny 1.4LX petrol injection automatic. It started yesterday but as I reversed out of a car parking space it just cut out and refused to start. I've checked the battery, fuses and the spark plugs which seem to be too dry considering how many times I've tried to start it, theres no smell of petrol at all, like when you try to start a car and the engine becomes flooded. I was wondering if the fuel pump has packed up or that there may be a blockage somewhere along the fuel line. I have taken the pipe off of the fuel filter and turned the engine over a few times and no fuel is coming out of it, I've even changed the fuel filter to a new one but no luck. Is there any way of checking the fuel pump without removing it. Any information or help or both would be so greatfully appreciated. Raymond in good old London, Engalnd

Old 08-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Default RE: Need help quick!!!

The best way to find out if you have a fuel problem is to up air intake and spray in starting fluid directly into the intake line, have a friend turning over the engine at the same time your spraying. if the problem is that it's not geting gas then, when you do this the engine should start and run untill you stop spraying. If this is the case i would say you need a new sending unit (fuel pump).

Old 08-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Default RE: Need help quick!!!

Check for a fuel pump braeker switch, it might have kick out