General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Needing some Tech Help...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Default Needing some Tech Help...

Bought anew (used) '01 Altima for the newest driver in the family. Took itto the car wash yesterday; cleaned it inside & out. Washed engine compartment with degreaser, then Hi-Pressure wash and rinse. Tried to avoid wetting obvious trouble-spots (distributor, alternator, fuel rail, etc.), but apparently I got something wet that I shouldn't have. Car wouldn't start & run. Cranked & cranked. When it DID start, ran terribly rough. Dried inside of the distributor, which had a minute amount of moisture in it. Same thing, cranked & cranked. The longer I left it to sit, the more success I'd have at getting it started, but would run very rough, and die if I tried to drive it. Left it at the car wash for two hours or so, went back, started right up sounded okay. Drove it 4-5 blocks to get it home, ran like crap; died 100 yds from driveway--pushed it home. Let it sit overnight. Started right up this morning; sounded perfectly normal at idle, & when revved-upto a higher RPMs. Drove it; ran like crap and died again. What's wrong, & how can I fix it?

Appreciative of any sound advice,
drahill

Old 06-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Needing some Tech Help...

pull the spark plug wires off the spark plugs and get all that water out of there that is causing a misfire cause of all the water around your spark plugs. seen it a million times out of our detail department at the dealership.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:55 PM

Thank you! That did the trick. Your advise is much appreciated

Thanks a Million!,
drahill

Old 06-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

no problem glad that i could help