General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Nissan X trail 2014 white smoke

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 04:30 PM
Default Nissan X trail 2014 white smoke

Had this car 8 months and I’ve had so many issues with it.

Ive broken down 5 times, rescued by RAC.

Put it through a major service, flagged up anti roll bar link needed replaced immediately, as well as break pads and discs.

Bought a new battery because RAC said it was what was failing, even though readings for battery condition were always high.

Broke down again. Took it auto electrician - needed a new control panel.

Then discovered it was letting water in. Sun roof filters were blocked and water was back flowing into the car. Fixed that.

Parking sensors have been playing up since Christmas; sometimes working, other times not.

For 3 weeks I’ve had occasional heavy white smoke come out of my exhaust.

Last weekend I had really heavy dense white smoke come out of the exhaust and it seemed to last for 15-20 minutes before dying down,

Ran it down the motorway and it seemed to clear.

As I slowed to second gear, when meeting heavy traffic, the engine light flashed on and almost immediately went off.

Has anyone any ideas of what’s going on?

It’s a diesel. Mon-Fri it does short journeys, weekends it does at least 3x 40 minute motorway journeys.

It’s been dropped off at the garage today, to be looked at on Monday. I’m terrified at what they’re going to say.