General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Tire Pressure Issues Blog

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Default Tire Pressure Issues Blog

I just recently became a guest blogger on a racing blog called Racing Ready. I'm not much of a writer, but here goes nothin! I just thought some of you guys would be interested so I'll post a link.

This time it was about my tire pressures, which almost ruined my time at the last autox. Thankfully I had lots of friends who told me what I was doing wrong. I guess thats how you learn!

I figured I would share my info, so here's the link

http://racingready.com/2010/05/27/ti...s-tuning-tips/

Feel free to post any reply on here or on the Racing Ready site. I should be doing more of these in the months to come.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:05 AM

If tire pressure is too high, then less of the tire touches the ground. As a consequence, your car will bounce around on the road. And when your tires are bouncing instead of firmly planted on the road, traction suffers and so do your stopping distances. You'll also feel a decrease in ride comfort. (Hint: If you notice that every tie you own has coffee on it, check your tire pressure. It may be too high.
If tire pressure is too low, then too much of the tire's surface area touches the ground, which increases friction between the road and the tire. As a result, not only will your tires wear prematurely, but they also could overheat. Overheating can lead to tread separation — and a nasty accident. One sign of low tire pressure is if your tires squeal when cornering.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:20 AM
ira

I just recently became a guest blogger on a racing blog called Racing Ready. I'm not much of a writer, but here goes nothin! I just thought some of you guys would be interested so I'll post a link. This time it was about my tire pressures, which almost ruined my time at the last autox. Thankfully I had lots of friends who told me what I was doing wrong. I guess thats how you learn!I figured I would share my info, so here's the link.http://racingready.com/2010/05/27/ti...s-tuning-tips/
Feel free to post any reply on here or on the Racing Ready site. I should be doing more of these in the months to come.