New Member Area New to Nissan Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Whats wrong with my ride??? HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Sir
Default Whats wrong with my ride??? HELP!!!

Yo sup new kid on the block my name is nick and im new to the forum. I just bought a 2003 Nissan sentra ser spec v at a car auction that was crashed in the front left corner. Fixed it but when I was about to drive the car it wont go over 2.3 RPM or 60 mph in 6th gear. this dude told me to change the mass airflow sensor (non-returnable $500!!!) which I did but the nothing changed. The car itself has aftermarket headers, intake, exhaust. It also had NOS and a big *** audio system but both were ripped out. I opened up the cars computer and could tell someone messed with it because there were many wires taped together with electric tape. About ten wires lead from the computer to the cabin and are all cut under the storage compartment (the big one in front of the passenger seat). I need help anyone got any advice?

Old 12-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Whats wrong with my ride??? HELP!!!

wow...i wouldnt know where to start..how does it feel throughout the rest of the gears?

Old 12-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Default RE: Whats wrong with my ride??? HELP!!!

It sounds like someone had an AFC or some other piggyback management system. Could have been a smart nitrous sysetem and when someone removed it they just cut the wires to get it out quick. Happens all the time when you buy a used engine. You end up with things cut that could easily have been unplugged. Do you have any tuner shops in your area? Thats where I would be headed.