Nissan 240sx and Nissan 200sx These models offered an ealy introduction to the sport compact class, and are still popular today.

Should I?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 01:26 AM
Default Should I?

I found a Nissan that might get me into the N scene. It is at a local wrecking yard, and it is for sale. Ive been debating between a second vehicle for some time now. I have a Honda that I have been working on for a number of years now, and I would love to save some miles on my new engine. So I have been thinking either a crotch rocket, for gas mileage (though my wife hates the idea) and insurance. (a big concern for me is my parking situation. there is only 2 resident spaces at my condo, and my wife an i each use one. now I think I could park it in the visitor parking w/o any problems, but I dont like parking my cars far away from my house. it will have an alarm, but still...[&:] and a bike, I could pull up into my backyard, so parking wouldnt be an issue.) and an older RWD japanese sports car. I may have found the tie-breaker today, but i want to see what eveyone here thinks of the deal. its a 91 240sx, pretty stock, with some old chrome 16s (thank god for gunmetal wheel paint), and maybe lowered (dont know how, maybe heated springs[&:]) interior has some not too major rips, but exterior is decent, paints peeling, and theres a dent in the hood, but other than that its straight, and i can always rattlecan it black. i dont really know how many miles it has, it looks like it says 15xxx, but i dont know what that first digit is. but the asking price seems almost too good to pass up. they are asking $999 for it, so im going to check into insurance and stuff, but is that as good as it sounds? If so, I might go buy it this weekend. But another, even more major concern is that my wife and I are trying to buy a house, and it will dip into our savings pretty hard. so is that such a good deal that setting back a home purchse may be worth it? sorry this got so long, let me know what you guys think. thanks!

Old 06-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Default RE: Should I?

oh yeah, and its an auto[:'(]

Old 06-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Administrator

auto..yuck. but for a grand...it sounds like a decent buy, provided it runs ok

Old 06-09-2005, 05:52 PM

yeah, and eventually i'll either drop in a manny and maybe a turbo, or an sr20 swap. but that pulls money away from the civ, so it may be awhile.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Administrator

what is done to the civic?

Old 06-09-2005, 09:48 PM

B18c, brakes, suspension, a bunch of stuff. sound familiar?

Old 06-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Administrator

haha..yes it does...your siggy isnt showing up...btw

the auto is what turns me off, but with the effort on the civic, it may end up being two project cars..thats why my beaters are too beat to mod..

Old 06-10-2005, 07:31 PM

there, now it should be working.

(edit)damnit, here goes again.[:@]

Old 06-10-2005, 07:37 PM

WOOHOO!

Old 06-10-2005, 07:39 PM

oh, and the wife is still wanting some stuff on her 'Rolla too, so its three project cars if i get my FR.[:@] oh well, I guess I need to stop calling in sick and go in for some OT.[&:]

Quick Reply: Should I?