Nissan 240sx and Nissan 200sx These models offered an ealy introduction to the sport compact class, and are still popular today.

spark problems(not getting any)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Default spark problems(not getting any)

I don't know who can help me but I sure could use it . I recently have come across a 1988 nissan 200sx(for free) well it has been sitting up for a couple of years, the reason for being put up was because the alternator was not recharging the battery, well we pulled it out of the field and started to run all the regular tune ups, all fluids drained and replaced, plugs, plug wires, distrbutor cap, rotor button, air filter, Everything!! Well after putting the new battery in and turning it over, that is about all it is doing!! turning over!! well I went to the next two possibilities, fuel and fire, fuel first, I took the fuel pump out and dropped the tank, well the fuel pump was locked up, had to trade it with the one I had on the wrecked car I had beside it in the field!! now I have fuel at the engine but no spark!! WHAT DO I NEED TO TRACK TO GET SPARK BACK!! I was told that before the car was set up somebody bumped a hot wire and shorted something rendering no gauge readings and of course the alternator is not recharging the battery. the car is a 2.0, 4 cylinder , any takers if you tell me it is a relay or a fuse I have no charts to track so some Idea where it is would be appreciate, thanks ahead of time to any suggestions