Nissan Frontier This mid sized truck offers the advantages of the full sized Titan with its large bed and great off roading ability, but with a smaller, more efficient engine.

Getting new speakers...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Default Getting new speakers...

Hello, everybody. I have a 2002 Nissan Frontier 2-Door. I just installed a new head unit to replace my old stock stereo. I am now trying to figure out how to put new speakers underneath my door panels, but there some things I am trying to figure out. First, Iam trying to open my door panel, but the one thing that is getting my way is the window crank opener, since my windows are manual powered. The reason why I am trying to open my door panels is to actually check out my speakers. All I know is that my speakers right now are 6 1/2 ones. Another thing is that I don't know if the ones I need to get for my truck have to be specialy made. Well, I am gonna need all the input that I can get. I would appreciate any help. Thanx a lot. Peace.

Old 05-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Getting new speakers...

stereo companies will ussually make speakers with fitment issues in mind. go to a place like best buy or circuit city and just look around, i think 6.5 inch speakers shoudlnt be that uncommon. I have never owned a car with manual windows, so im afraid that i dont know what holds them on. is there a plastic cap in the center of the handle that might cover a screw that holds it in place?

Old 05-27-2005, 03:46 PM

there is a retaining ring (snap ring) behind the handle. it is a b... to get to. you can find a tool at the parts store to help you . un screw the arm rest and remove after that you just pull off the panel. if you break any of the plastic snap you can also fine these at the parts store. good luck.

Old 05-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Administrator

and there you go, thanks for the info dws!

Old 06-01-2005, 02:33 AM

the best way to get the door off is to use the tool which is super handy or just a putty knife it works just as well. all it is is a lock ring and its not that hard to get off. as for the ret of the door just folor the screws and it will slide up and out over the window sill. you will get what i mean while you do it. alot of speaker companies make different speaker depths a good way to check out what you need is to goto www.crutchfield.com and they will tell you what size of depth of a speaker you need. this should help you out with getting it to work. if you have any more questions post them up. i am the king if car stereos on this site.