Nissan 300zx This coupe and convertible was very popular with performance car enthusiasts around the world, whether in the base model,or the high end Twin Turbo model.

Please help with any and all advice welcomed!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 04:15 PM
Question Please help with any and all advice welcomed!?!?!

Hello Nissan 300zx enthusiasts! I am new here and already posted this but I cannot find it so I am reposting it. I am hoping you may be able to give me some advice about my vehicle. This is probably going to be lengthy but I will try to make it as brief as possible. I own a 1992 white 300zx. The body is a non-turbo automatic but the engine in it is a turbo and the turbos have been removed. The automatic has been replaced with a standard. The car ran well for about 5 months after I bought it. I happened to accidentally run it completely out of gas 1 day and nothing has ever been right with it again. Initially, the problem was a fuel injector stuck open and that was repaired and the car was back to normal for about 2 days and then the same thing happened again. The car was running extremely rough and sounded awful and it went through a full tank of gas in about 10 miles. It was not a fuel injector stuck open this time around even though the car was acting the same as before when the injector was stuck open. When changing the oil we found tons of gasoline in the oil. I have had many different ideas on what the problem is at this point and to get a diagnosis is very costly because we do not even know where to start and my funds are extremely limited. 2nd issue is that I basically gave up and decided to sell it but I have no idea how much to ask for this vehicle in this condition if I do go that route and mainly I do not even know what the classification is to tell people what kind of 300zx it is? Thank you for reading and any and all advice is welcomed...