Nissan Altima This mid sized entry is been among the leaders in its class thanks to its powerful engine and roomy interior.

Brake pad recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 03:42 PM

Good replies but accroding to me, for an average driver, you can go with any make of brade pads, it wouldn't make much difference. But if you're a hardcore driver, then that's something different.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:12 AM

I replaced mine with carbon ceramic pads and I can say it is worth it. I immediately feel the stopping power plus there are no squeal. I also noticed that there are no more dust on my rims that usually are all over. Here Power Stop Brake Review 2021 | Best Tested Powerstop Products | MOTORING CRUNCH

Old 07-23-2022, 10:42 PM

Need Urgent Help Please.
went to workshop for brake job, my mechanic changed the rotors and pad, and I was all set. But after 2 months I got the pulsation and steering started to shake when i pressed the pedal at high speed, I went back to my mechanic, and he replaced the rotors and pads again, shaking and pulsation was gone and life was good, but only for 2 months, I went to my mechanic again, at this point he said it might be bad quality parts and advised me to go to dealership for Nissan premium parts, but instead i went to a different mechanic (because i didn't agree that it was the parts quality issue). So, the new mechanic replaced the rotors and pads with the part who he thought was premium quality parts, so pulsation and vibration gone, but a usual it came back after 2 months, I went to my mechanic again to report it, he said he used the premium parts, and all the suspensions looks good also, he is not sure what is wrong, and why new rotors and pads keep pulsating and vibrating every after 2 months. so, as a last resort he advised me to replace the rotors and pads with original parts from Nissan dealership, but still i am still convinced that there is something else which is messing up my rotors and pads. Any suggestion and advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 10-31-2022, 11:15 AM

While replacing brakes, make sure you have dealer check the front :Johnson Bar" as if worn it will stress brake system due to uneven footprint