Nissan Altima This mid sized entry is been among the leaders in its class thanks to its powerful engine and roomy interior.

calipers painted??

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Default calipers painted??

i want to paint my calipers to match the car.. should i do them myself since i heard all you have to really do is spray them or should i get someone else to do them?? and im sure theres more to it than just taking them off and spraying them. help plz?

Old 08-06-2007, 05:01 AM
Default RE: calipers painted?? response>>

Best time to paint calipers is concurrent with a brake pad & Rotor replacement!
If you are mechanically inclined and diciplined then you could DIY.
First read the manual for Caliper R&R. With all the parts off and calipers hanging
on heavy support wires (NOT hanging by the hydraulic hose) then you may procceed.
MASK off all areas that need be as you will be using spray can paint.
CLEAN the calipers with brake parts cleaner (spray can) be carefull with this stuff!
Finally ~ MASK the internal portions of the caliper and cylidar faces.
Spray with at least 3 coats of HIGH TEMP enamel ~ let completly dry and then remount the rotor and reassemble pads and calipers! Bingo you are done! Send me a picture of your good work!
PS: wear a face mask (charcoal filter) when spraying this stuff! Some high temp paints are leaded also!
Ahah ~ almost forgot ~ If your calipers are ALUMINUM alloy dont paint them ~ brush them ~
shine them up with rotary tool! That looks top class! (and is environmentally friendly)!