Nissan Forum - Nissan Enthusiast Forums

Nissan Forum - Nissan Enthusiast Forums (https://nissanforum.com/forum/)
-   Nissan Altima (https://nissanforum.com/forum/nissan-altima-10/)
-   -   Help - DTC P0725 and P0335 (Check Engine) (https://nissanforum.com/forum/nissan-altima-10/help-dtc-p0725-p0335-check-engine-4365/)

joel1316 10-25-2007 07:00 PM

Help - DTC P0725 and P0335 (Check Engine)

My wifes 2004 Altima 2.5S came up with a Service Engine Soon.
I hooked up with a OBD II reader and came up with:
P0725 - Engine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
and
P0335 - Cranshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction
The car seems to be running fine with no problems and the codes has not returned yet. Should I still bring the Altima in to the dealer?

deeznuts 10-25-2007 07:20 PM

RE: Help - DTC P0725 and P0335 (Check Engine)

you can if you want.the crankshaft sensor is going south on you and you need to get that changed. trust me it will start to get worse.

Qwantum 10-26-2007 01:00 AM

If your Scan Tool has the ability to "reset" the scan code (fault codes) do that first!
You may have experienced a false reading for some reason.

If the codes stay clear then you have saved $90 or more!

You can take it to the dealer if the codes return again and the car loses efficiency!

joel1316 10-26-2007 08:45 AM

The car actually stalled when I came to a stop in a parking lot when I was testing the car... No SES light yet, but it did code the same 2 codes. I'll be taking it to the dealer today, I'm hoping the drivetrain warranty covers this repair (wishful thinking).

neil_337 11-21-2007 01:50 AM

i had that problem too all i did was replace the sensor and it runs good.check here it may help solve the problem:
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/N...ors/index.html

altimaowner 01-04-2009 04:47 PM

I just started to receivethese codesafter a visit to the mechanic (no problem/codes before visit). They relearned myidleand reprogrammed my ECM. Is thereany relation to the 2 issues.

ZU_5 09-07-2009 12:31 AM

I am having the same problem!!!

About three days ago my car stalled.. a day after the SE light went on and I could tell that it is getting worst as my 2004 Nissan Altima continues to stall and has trouble starting.

My fiance checked the codes and its P0335 & P0725.. I can not believe we are all having the same problem!!

Tomorrow I am taking my car to the dealership.. I hope they can fix it quickly and not be too expensive.

juliarichard34 10-04-2009 07:50 AM

You didn't share your experience when you went and met your dealer.Wat dealer said.Is your problem solved or still troubling you.

ZU_5 10-05-2009 05:06 PM

response to juliarichard34

Hi!..

The weekend that my car got the SES light on was on Labor day weekend which made the Nissan Dealership be closed on Monday (the only day I was available :mad: ).

So, I was talking to a friend and her husband s a mechanic and he researched online, told me to go to Autozone to purchase the part.. $30 something.. and he put it in within an hour and I have had no problem since!!

I wish I remembered the name of the part.. but I would really recommend someone you know who knows about cars to replace it. There is so much info online about this problem and the part. The only thing he said was that he needed a mirror to put the part in.

Anyways, I hope this answers your question.. :D

LVNeptune 11-18-2009 11:37 PM

These errors are related to the December 2007 recall...

http://www.autobuyguide.com/2005/12-...lls/index.html

Specifically recall #
2005 Nissan ALTIMA Recall ID from NHTSA: 07V527000

This is 100% covered by the dealer and if you have replaced anything make sure to argue for reimbursement since the dealer did not alert you to this. Nothing you replaced will fix the main issue as it is the ECM that needs to be reprogrammed. Hope this helps.

mlevinedc 03-30-2010 02:31 PM

Just to clarify...

Hi all: I realize this is an old thread but was very helpful in my searching for an answer to the problem my brother is having with his 06 Altima 2.5L. The car just quit and stalled. He was able to restart it, check eng light came on. He brought it to Autozone and they OBD'd it to find the same 2 codes as in this thread. They cleared the codes and the light did not re-light. Which of the two sensors would you change first? It looks like they are held in place by a single 10mm screw and O ring. The dealer wants an exorbitant amount to change it (sensors + labor $350!!). The car has only 27K on it and is 5 mos out of warranty according to the dealer. I've called Nissan Corporate to ask for a goodwill servicing; haven't heard back.

Ideas?

doc

mlevinedc 03-30-2010 03:11 PM

...as a supplement to the above, he turned the car off for an hour, upon starting the Check Engine light came back on.

thebigcheeser 05-13-2010 01:34 AM

Just the facts Maam... LOL

2004 Altima 2.5

Yesterday the car started acting funny, the engine light came on and then I did the gas pedal thing to retrieve the codes... 0335 & 0725. Anyhow after reading all the other posts, I decided to call the stealership to see what they had to say about it especially after I read the post about a recall. The previous post in regards to the recall is not correct for the 2004, BUT the good news is that there is another recall where they still have to re-program the ECU for another possible stalling problem. If you have a California emissions vehicle, the sensor is covered for 15 years or 150,000 miles, so it turned out to be free of charge and they did the current recall as well!! It felt good to get something done at the stealership and not having to get ripped off...

For those of you that do not have a Cali vehicle, only the "crankshaft position sensor" needs to be replaced even though your car may have thrown 2 codes. The "speed sensor" code is triggered by the faulty "crankshaft sensor", so there is no need to replace that one.

Hope this info helps... Good luck!

Rudy.

odcafe11 11-21-2010 10:38 AM

I would keep it.

winterhk 12-11-2011 04:50 PM

P0725 and P0335

Originally Posted by ZU_5 (Post 14271)
About three days ago my car stalled.. a day after the SE light went on and I could tell that it is getting worst as my 2004 Nissan Altima continues to stall and has trouble starting.

My fiance checked the codes and its P0335 & P0725.. I can not believe we are all having the same problem!!

Tomorrow I am taking my car to the dealership.. I hope they can fix it quickly and not be too expensive.

2006 altima. I replaced the sensor and I still have the same problem. What did the dealership do for you. Crank shaft and Camshaft sensor, are they the same sensor?

full house 12-12-2011 12:05 AM

maybe the censor didn't match... try other sensor.

Mz Luvly 12-13-2011 10:31 AM

Hi all, I am having this same issue with my 2006 Altima as most of you are. I had the cam shaft sensor and the crank shaft sensor changed and I still my service engine lite pops back on. When driving my speedometer will read 60mph but the car feels more like I am going 40mph and if I go over 60mph the car begins to shake. Needless to say that I am now fustrated. Any of you have any info that can help resolve my car drama.

winterhk 12-15-2011 10:32 PM

Change Sensors

Originally Posted by joel1316 (Post 11512)
and
The car seems to be running fine with no problems and the codes has not returned yet. Should I still bring the Altima in to the dealer?

Your ck eng light will come on again. Change both. Mine got worse and worse. I finally changed both. No problems after that. I disconnected neg ground, and reconnected it, ck eng light cleared. All is well!

winterhk 12-15-2011 10:42 PM

Hmmmm!

I changed both of mine too, but no problems yet. I will test drive mine like you explained and see if it happens to me too. The cost of both sensors was around $65 at Autozone. I changed both myself. Easy, but the Crankshaft was a little harder. Ask "Installing a CrankShaft Sensor on my 2006 Altima" on UTube. It sure helped me alot.

full house 12-21-2011 07:04 PM

I changed both of mine too, but no problems yet. I will test drive mine like you explained and see if it happens to me too. The cost of both sensors was around $65 at Autozone. I changed both myself. Easy, but the Crankshaft was a little harder. Ask "Installing a CrankShaft Sensor on my 2006 Altima" on UTube. It sure helped me alot.
congrats!I haven't applied this to mine because everything is still good... I'll contact you here if I need some help. $65 is not bad after all.

winterhk 12-22-2011 11:11 AM

Negative Ground

Originally Posted by Mz Luvly (Post 27126)
Hi all, I am having this same issue with my 2006 Altima as most of you are. I had the cam shaft sensor and the crank shaft sensor changed and I still my service engine lite pops back on. When driving my speedometer will read 60mph but the car feels more like I am going 40mph and if I go over 60mph the car begins to shake. Needless to say that I am now fustrated. Any of you have any info that can help resolve my car drama.

Disconnect negative ground on your battery. Your ckeck engine light should clear. If it comes back and car seems to not run right, maybe it is time to go to dealer. May be the sensor is bad again. Mine ran better after I changed the crank sesor. Not the Cam Sensor. Crank sensor is in a completely different spot. I found out where it was on Utube. My 2006 is running good right now.

full house 12-22-2011 08:13 PM

that thing is too sensitive on my part... I check my son's friend and every time I made some changes the problem goes back to the battery...

dc4mn 01-07-2012 10:52 AM

My 2005/Altima/2.5S one day started strange and next day came SES.
Checked in Autozone for P0725/P0335 code. Took to the dealer and he got the same code and fixed it. Total 400$.
Question is: I read in another form that this could be part of recall. any insights into it is appreciated. This way I can call Nissan and take it up and get my $ back, if possible.
Thanks in advance
dc4mn

winterhk 01-08-2012 05:05 PM

Can't believe you paid $400 when you could have done it for less than $80. Good luck getting your money back.

winterhk 01-08-2012 05:07 PM

By the way, car is running good still!

full house 01-08-2012 09:02 PM

Good to hear that but I feel bad that you spend $400 that was to much :(

winterhk 01-09-2012 02:23 PM

Both Senors have the history going out at the same time. Save your self a lot of money and change both sensors. Can't find them? type both in on u tube "how do I install nissan altima crank shaft?" and than for the camshaft. Both were the same part # and sensor, on my 2006 to replace them. Listen closely how to change the crankshaft one, tricky! Disconnect neg ground!

winterhk 01-09-2012 02:26 PM

No Dealer $$$$$$

Originally Posted by joel1316 (Post 11512)
and

Both Senors have the history going out at the same time. Save your self a lot of money and change both sensors. Can't find them? type both in on u tube "how do I install nissan altima crank shaft?" and than for the camshaft. Both were the same part # and sensor, on my 2006 to replace them. Listen closely how to change the crankshaft one, tricky! Disconnect neg ground! Sorry if you got this twice.

full house 01-16-2012 07:04 PM

exactly the process I'm doing... I go to youtube for the procedure that way I can save money.

full house 02-14-2012 08:52 PM

those parts are hard to replace, availability is very rare.

dr_UMMER 03-09-2013 06:16 PM

I recently replaced both Camshaft and Crankshaft Positioning sensors.
They had engine oil coming out from the inside. The old plastic design doesn't
last long I guess...

First time I purchased aftermarket part and the problem came back within a few days. Then I got original OEM sensor from dealer %65 each.

And yes, the crankshaft sensor was PITA, but it's doable.

I also shot a short video of my repair. Check it on Youtube:

I hope it was helpful.

GreatUSA 04-24-2013 04:57 PM

Should get rid of Altima 2002 or continue with peach ?

On warm day after office, way to back home mine 2002 2.5S Altima's engine (125K) was shaking/vibrate and engine service light flashing. After stopping mine car and turn it off, try to start it again but starting take longer cranking but no engine start with engine light on. Second time, I tried to pump gas paddle while trying to turn on ignition key on and I made success. And on ward this engine cranking and starting problem continue two days before visiting mechanic, mechanic found P0725-Engine Seed Sensor and P0335-Crankshaft Position Sensor malfunction. Initially I thought may be battery weak, so done free inspection at Auto Parts and they found failed result with battery & its need to replace. So I have changed battery ($100) also and Crankshalf Position Sensor ($82 Parts and $120 Labor), now my car driving smooth and hope it will last long.
I have got same problem before one month and that time I had replaced Cam Sensor and now Crankshaft Sensor bad .

Car History & Maintenance:
1) Engine oil change every 3000 Mile
2) Before Six month, At 120000 Mile, done Nissan recommended service, engine tune up, change 4 spark plug, coolant flush, brake oil flush, transmission flush.
3) After Engine tune up, engine misfire/shake/vibrate with service engine light on. Code show up with ignition coil #2 bad and replaced it.
4) One month before engine staring problem with cracking and not staring up, code show up bad cam sensor and replaced it
5) Now again engine misfire/shake/vibrate and starting problem. Battery Test fail and Code show up with P0725-Engine Seed Sensor and P0335-Crankshaft Position Sensor malfunction. Replaced new battery and Crankshaft Sensor.

So Please let me know I should get rid of this 2002 Nissan Altima soon before any major problem may come in future as already it reach 125K or I should continue peace of mind. Please comment if someone had same issues, fix it and driving still without issue or getting other issue.

Thank you for time and replay.

cmsa4 05-06-2017 04:28 PM

Dtc p0725 and p0335

I have recently replaced my 2006 altima 2.5l engine. It blew a year ago. I took it for it's maiden trip and no issues. Since then i have been dealing with the p0335 and p0725. Car cant get out of its own way. Hitting 3500 to 4000 rpms and should be hitting 60 to 70 mph but I'm only hitting 35 to 40mph. I feel like its in limp mode. I've known about the crank sensor and cam sensor. I've replaced both. Now with this go round I have replaced 4 crank sensors 2 oem and 2 aftermarket. I need the car road worthy asap. I'm stumped. Would appreciate any ideas or fixes.
Pigtails? Other component? Recall worthy?
Thank you all.

dr_UMMER 05-07-2017 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by cmsa4 (Post 29356)
I have recently replaced my 2006 altima 2.5l engine. It blew a year ago. I took it for it's maiden trip and no issues. Since then i have been dealing with the p0335 and p0725. Car cant get out of its own way. Hitting 3500 to 4000 rpms and should be hitting 60 to 70 mph but I'm only hitting 35 to 40mph. I feel like its in limp mode. I've known about the crank sensor and cam sensor. I've replaced both. Now with this go round I have replaced 4 crank sensors 2 oem and 2 aftermarket. I need the car road worthy asap. I'm stumped. Would appreciate any ideas or fixes.
Pigtails? Other component? Recall worthy?
Thank you all.

It could be cylinder misfire. Did you scan engine for DTC codes?
I had something similar to what you've described.
Here is what I've done to troubleshoot it:

Let me know if it helps.

cmsa4 05-07-2017 02:42 PM

https://nissanforum.com/forum/nissan-altima-10/help-dtc-p0725-p0335-check-engine-4365

Before the engine blew a year ago...mis fires all over..bad head gasket I'm thinking.
The only DTC are the p0335 and po725.
Nothing else. In my original post is all that's going on. Re scanned to be sure and those are the only 2.

Ashley Lynn Kichi 04-07-2019 01:47 PM

P0335 and p0775

I have the same issue wondering if anyone came up with a fix. I changed the crankshaft sensor twice with aftermarket then genuine Nissan parts. All the connections look good. Timing chain is good. I am at a loss as to why these codes are still popping up. I have a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5L S sedan.

dr_UMMER 04-08-2019 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ashley Lynn Kichi (Post 29522)
I have the same issue wondering if anyone came up with a fix. I changed the crankshaft sensor twice with aftermarket then genuine Nissan parts. All the connections look good. Timing chain is good. I am at a loss as to why these codes are still popping up. I have a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5L S sedan.

Have you tried to replace camshaft position sensor with OEM part as well? It is identical to crankshaft sensor and they usually go bad around the same time.

Ashley Lynn Kichi 04-08-2019 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by dr_UMMER (Post 29523)
Have you tried to replace camshaft position sensor with OEM part as well? It is identical to crankshaft sensor and they usually go bad around the same time.

No, I didn't because I thought they were separate codes. Are they not separate?

dr_UMMER 08-26-2019 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ashley Lynn Kichi (Post 29524)
No, I didn't because I thought they were separate codes. Are they not separate?

I've read both sensors may generate the same code.

Ashley Lynn Kichi 08-26-2019 05:58 PM

Solved!

Originally Posted by dr_UMMER (Post 29564)
I've read both sensors may generate the same code.

I ended up finally taking it to Nissan. I had to get a new timing chain with all subsequent parts, and two new sprockets for the timing chain. The check engine light is gone. It just still doesn't start up right away. It's been about three months since the repair, and the light never came back on.