Nissan Frontier This mid sized truck offers the advantages of the full sized Titan with its large bed and great off roading ability, but with a smaller, more efficient engine.

93 4x4 frame rusted out

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Default 93 4x4 frame rusted out

Took my 93 4x4 in for service and was told that the frame was to rusted to put it on the lift.

Is it worth looking into having it repaired. This truck still looks and runs great. Hate to put it down.

How much should I expect to pay to have the frame repaired?

Old 10-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Default RE: 93 4x4 frame rusted out

I wish I could get my hands on the team that developed the 90-95 frame...it wouldnt be pretty. Welcome to the ROT club! lol Same problem here. How bad is your rot? Let me guess, its just in front of the rear tires, and maybe some just behing the front. Oh and also along the rail over the rear tire and behind it. Here is the deal, Nissan truck frame's allthough they SUCK and they do...they are strong! The outside rails rot like they are made to, that DOESNT MEAN ITS READY TO FOLD UP, the top, bottom and back will support the truck amazingly well. Most trucks of this size dont even have boxed frames anyway. The fix...well at a garage (if they will even touch it) will run you anywhere from 1000 to $2000...not really worth it if you ask me. I am in the process of restoring a 95 pathdfinder myself. Its not my main vehical so I have the convience of lifting up the body (set it on 8" blocks for room to work) and grind down whats left of the usable frame. Get yourself a small MIG welder (at least 100A) which will be the bulk of the cost somewhere around 400 bucks. Re box the frame yourself with 1/8 plate. You dont need to be a great welder to do this, just practice with some scrap, make shure you are getting solid welds all the way through, because it doesnt need to be pretty, it just needs to be strong. Undercoat the whole thing and your in good shape. I have never seen a frame as bad as mine...on any vehical ever, yet there is enough structure remaining to work with, I am shure yours cant be as bad.

Yes this is a project, I dont know how your skills are, but its much better then paying someone to do it, and you get a welder out of the deal instead of an empty wallet. GOOD LUCK