Nissan Frontier This mid sized truck offers the advantages of the full sized Titan with its large bed and great off roading ability, but with a smaller, more efficient engine.

Getting Rid of 05 NISMO after 9 Months!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Default Getting Rid of 05 NISMO after 9 Months!

Well, Nissan can't/won't fix my truck, and their national office doesn't care. So my experiment with Nissan is over. I will never own a Nissan product again, and will never recommend Nissan vehicles to anyone I talk with. I've ordered a new Dodge Power Wagon, and am glad to be moving back to a company that has always taken care of any problem I encountered. I hope none of you ever run into any unusual problems Nissan can't figure out, because you won't get a repair without a lot of effort on your part (if then).

By the way, the problem I can't get fixed is: Any time the temperture drops to about 0F, I get a "ALBS" warning light and a "SLIP" warning light, and at that point 4WD is locked out (not available). The dealership couldn't figure this out, the engineers they called were no help. And then when all else had failed and I tried the national number the dealership gave me, I didn't get a call back for over 2 weeks, despite 3 additional calls from me. By the time they finally did call back, I'd reached my limit and told them I was thru dealing with a defective vehicle: I no longer wanted just a repair, I wanted them to buy it back. Their answer? They were sorry I was experiencing problems. Their solution? They gave me the number to the National BBB car problem line. So I've had a defective vehicle since December they can't fix, and have been unable to use it in the mountains to go up to our cabin, because once we got in we wouldn't be able to get back out without 4WD (during the winter it is almost always below 0 at night up there, and often during the day).

So let me rate Nissan (on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 highest):
Dealership, Sales: 1
Dealership, service: 2 (actually would have been much higher, if I hadn't run into something they couldn't figure out)
Nissan National Assistance: 1

But it is obvious what I think does not matter to Nissan. When I got my survey from Nissan about the sale, and was asked to rate the dealership. I rated them very low, and made several comments asking Nissan to contact me. Of course they never did. Nothing has changed. Nissan is not responsive to the customer.

Jim

Old 04-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Default RE: Getting Rid of 05 NISMO after 9 Months!

Hey Jim,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. If you want to read a book about what a bunch of @##$% I went through go to:
General Tech. It is under vibration at 65 mph. [:@]
I understand that the system is, to put it politely, SCREWED.[&o]

I'm sure you will have better luck with your Dodge....I always have.
Lisa.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:25 PM

Can you PM me that number? (National BBB car problem line) ... I may need it for my 2006 Crew Cab..

Thanks

Old 10-12-2006, 08:11 PM

not to add to the fire but i bought my truck approximately 2 yrs ago and 2 weeks into owning the truck i had a leak from the transfer case. not only did they order the wrong parts but they could not loan me a vehicle becasue i was 20 yrs old at the time. i thought that was a load of crap becasue i make enough money to buy the truck . finally when they told me that they had the wrong parts and the real parts were coming from japan and they told me it was gonna take a week i told them i have no car to drive and push come to shove i told them to keep the truck and refund my money fi they cant do anything . well sure as **** they gave me a 4 by 4 xtrerra from there lot . let me tell you that thing does great offroading lol i took that thing mudding with it. other than the transfer case leaking , ive had the transmission replaced because going from any gear into 3rd would grind then go in wether it was upshifting or downshifting. they fixed that no problem. but i like the truck for its power in class and other features but 2 weeks into owning i was not very happy it took approxiamtely 1 month to fix the stupid leak.