Nissan Frontier This mid sized truck offers the advantages of the full sized Titan with its large bed and great off roading ability, but with a smaller, more efficient engine.

Air Conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Default Air Conditioning

I have a question about the air conditioning system. I had the fan on today and the AC light off and the temp outside was in the 70's. There was cold air coming out of the vents. It was not that cold outside. At a drive-thru, I heard the AC cycling and I thought that was odd. I had the **** for the vents set on the dash vents not defrost or floor/defrost. Anyone else noticed this? This to me does not seem right. Any ideas??? Thanks for any help.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Default RE: Air Conditioning

This exact thing happens to me all the time. I will be driving down the road and the air button is off, but the air coming out is cold. I hit the button on and it comes out a bit colder but when i roll down the window the air coming from the vent is colder the outside. Weird?

2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo

Old 07-04-2006, 03:40 PM

I have the same exact problem. Even when ALL the switches are off, the A/C compressor still cycles, and I don't think this should be happening. I haven't been home long enough to take my truck into the shop, but I think this is part of the problem with my crappy gas milage (only about 15.2 according to the gauge on the dash). As a mechanic, every car I have ever worked on, when you turn everything off, the compressor stops functioning and just free wheels in a neutral state, but ours seems to be robbing horsepower from our trucks. I am glad that someone else noticed this as I was going to ask this very question...except that I never think about it except when I am in the truck...LOL. Is there anyone here that may have taken thier vehicle into the dealer to find out what they say?

Kevin

Old 07-12-2006, 02:07 PM

That happens to me if I have the defroster on the front windshield to get rid of the cloudy moisture on the windshield. When I turn the **** back to fan mode, cold air comes through as if the AC is on and does not warm up even after five minutes. I have found that stopping and turning off the engine and restarting the engine fixes the problem.