Nissan Frontier This mid sized truck offers the advantages of the full sized Titan with its large bed and great off roading ability, but with a smaller, more efficient engine.

small plastic trim on fender

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Default small plastic trim on fender

how would I best describe this.. on the 2006 nissan frontier LS, right behind the 2nd door (4dr model), on the wheel wall (part of the truck bed) bottom, there is a small, palm of your hand + fingers, sized plastic tape in a rectangular shape

this plastic sheet is the thickness of packaging tape and does not appear to be there for accent

it's matched precisely to the body color and is under the door bottom and above the running board

does anyone know why it's there (both sides are identically matched) and where can I buy more of the same material?

reason I ask is that on one side the small plastic has what looks like a crack in the surface, yet, since underneath it is just painted surface, if the plastic sheet is easy to locate, I'd just buy the material and cut out another piece and attach on top, no need to make a service/repair issue since it's so small a part and area

Old 05-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Default RE: small plastic trim on fender

It is to help against rocks and debris from wrecking your paint. It is called "clear Bra" material. I have it on my hood too, along the front similar protection to a bug guard. I believe 3M makes it. You can actually buy some on ebay, but I am sure there are other places too. You must have the area you're going to put it on completely clean so it will stay on.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:33 PM

I know the "Clear Bra" product but this is a colored plastic tape, not "clear" by any means as I can easily lift a corner and see the product color

or, I could be wrong and the product is the same, the name "Clear" not being literal?

Old 06-03-2006, 03:29 AM

Could be "Clear Bra" that was painted over. I think if you put the clear stuff on wherever you want it, it will take on the color of its background because it is clear. I don't think that it matters if it is colored or clear as long as it is protecting from rocks and road debris. IMHO