Nissan Of Japan Other Models President, Cima, Fuga, Teana, Primera, Primera Wagon, Bluebird Sylphy, Latio, Tiida, Note, Cube3, Cube, March, Moco, Stagea, Avenir, and Wingroad.

Problems with actually starting my pulsar

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Default Problems with actually starting my pulsar

I have just bought an n13 (Annoying since the start), I've had some problems with the ignition system so i replaced the whole damn system (coil, module, dizzy cap and rotor), now my car is dead;;; when I first replaced everything it would sudddenly "cut" when I hammered it for a while it's as if the injectors suddenly stop working, so I stopped hammering it for a few days. I gave it a go just recently and when it heated up to what would of killed it before, the car didn't cut out but on the way home twice it seemed to tremendously drop power, I ignored it, got in my car this morning drove to my mates place and all the way there it was doing this power loss thing, then when I got to my mate's place; it being on a hill it wouldn't make it up the hill and it died, so i started it up again as badly as it was idling I gave it the whole 5-0 and discovered it was only running on two cylinders, so I checked for spark and injector pulse and to see if there is fuel in the rail and of course it was all there, when I tried to start it again I had nothing, it just turns over,,, and over,,, and over but there is no puttering or kick over or anything to say that it is trying to start, I thought my computer died but as I said I have injector pulse so the computer is firing and so is the ignition system

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME MY PROBLEM OR AT LEAST HELP WITH INFORMATION
Any info would be grand

Old 09-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Problems with actually starting my pulsar

Can you unplug a fuel line to the railand see fuel come out as you crank? Have you pulled the plug wires and checked for spark ?

Old 09-13-2007, 05:47 PM

As I just said, yes it has spark and there's fuel in the rail and the injectors are pulsing

Old 11-07-2007, 12:55 AM

Hey,
I had a really similar issue with my 1995 Pulsar. It would bunny hop, lose power and stall. I thought it was fuel at first, took it to a couple of mechanics but they only succeeded in overheating it.

I ended up having to take it to Nissan because no one else could tell me what the problem was. They ended up replacing the airflow meter and this solved the issue. I was also told when I purchased the car that there was an issue with the ignition, but after having this replaced I've had no issues at all.

Nissan told us it was apparently a common issue with Nissans.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:11 AM

Make sure you have everything plugged in. EVERYTHING!!! My brother didn't have his power transistor plugged in on his sr20de 1991 nissan sentra and it would just turn over. So be sure, dead sure. lol

Later