Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

1991 maxi manifold *rear* help!.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Default 1991 maxi manifold *rear* help!.....

i was wondering if anyone has replaced there rear manifolds....i know the front one is not that bad...but do i had to drop the engine to get to the rear one....and if....is there any way around it?....the reason im asking is because i figured i might as well throw out the old 17 year old exhaust and start newer...and my studs that hold up the y-pipe (down pipe)are stripped....and the nuts on the front manifold are breaking off...two that did already...and im not sure about the back...can't really see...and if im taking off the front i might as well do the back.....and the last ? i have is.....do any one had any sugesstions on which type of muffler is good for the max...something nice....not winding...something low and alittle muffled....need some advice on the complete exhaust system.....thanks...roz..

Old 03-16-2006, 07:33 AM
Default RE: 1991 maxi manifold *rear* help!.....

... if anyone has replaced there rear manifolds....i know the front one is not that bad...but do i had to drop the engine to get to the rear one....and if....is there any way around it?....
That job would set me calculating how much the car is worth, am I goin to keep it etc... ppl say the job is PITA. It can be done engine-on like u said, but if theres any other reason to lift the engine, I'd take it out, correct all problems and enjoy next troublefree 100kmiles.

If its VG engine and u want more kick, go first after intake, see link below. Some hp gains are possible with aftermarket vpipe.