Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

97/98 Maxima above 100K

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Default 97/98 Maxima above 100K

Hi Y'all!
I'm looking to buy a '97/98 Maxima. (Just love those cars) but I'm a student and the amount of money I have will only get me one with above 100K miles. I'd like to know how reliable these cars are above 100K miles, cuz I don;t want to be spending lots of money in repairs or frequent maintenance.

Please advice! [&o]

Old 03-05-2006, 05:31 AM
Default RE: 97/98 Maxima above 100K

Dood! They are easy maintenance and dont break down on ya! Take care of it, and it takes well care of you.
Mine is a 97SE and pushing 134k Mi. No problems. Just keep it tuned and change the oil and fluids as required.
Anything over 100k some parts need replacing as necessary, some are DIY too. Boost Sensor & Knock Sensor replace
immediately so you dont sacrifice power and gas mileage. Use NGK Platinum or Iridium Plugs at tune-up! Also look in to
replacing O2 sensors, that would be good.
Those are some of the things that tend to need replacing. Check for any leaks above and under, have it put on a
rack...Mine has a power steering leak I didnt know about since I bought it last year. Come to find out, I was getting
an oil change and a guy showed me where someone diy patched it, not too good. But it works fine, less having the
slow leak. Also, be sure the tranny is serviced and no head gasket leaks! Youre good into the 100k mi purchase area.
Maximas well taken care of, can easily see 300k+ So have fun! Pick the right one for your needs. Be sure it has POWER!
Parts are usually affordable if you network and look around online or in forums.
GET THAT MAXIMA!!! Where else can you get a sporty sedan that looks good, has room, real trunk space, and a
chilling V6 Power available to tons of mods?

You wouldnt be wasting you $.

esdsix