Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

Dash lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Default Dash lights not working

I recently bought a 95' maxima with the 3.0 and 5spd and I love it except for one prob. When I got it the radio was not working, so I put a new one in. Still nothing. I figured out that it was a problem with the little "BOSE" boxes next to each speaker. Power went in, but not out. So I did the easy thing and by-passed the box, this was time consuming to say the least. Ever since then I have had no dash lights, every thing else works. I've checked all the fuses and the. I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem simular to this. I've been using my cell-phone light to illuminate my dash. I'm real close to just hard wiring some LED's in there. Does anyone know wich wire is for the lights in the guage cluster connection, and where the ground for the lights are. Thanks much in advance to any replies.

-Buddah

Old 07-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Default RE: Dash lights not working

Nobody?

Old 07-20-2006, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: buddah

I recently bought a 95' maxima with the 3.0 and 5spd and I love it except for one prob. When I got it the radio was not working, so I put a new one in. Still nothing. I figured out that it was a problem with the little "BOSE" boxes next to each speaker. Power went in, but not out. So I did the easy thing and by-passed the box, this was time consuming to say the least. Ever since then I have had no dash lights, every thing else works. I've checked all the fuses and the. I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem simular to this. I've been using my cell-phone light to illuminate my dash. I'm real close to just hard wiring some LED's in there. Does anyone know wich wire is for the lights in the guage cluster connection, and where the ground for the lights are. Thanks much in advance to any replies.

-Buddah
If rear lights take water in or short for any reason, fuse blows ... dash also. Take the assemblys out and check. See also page5, see link below.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:47 PM

The trunk and rear lights are dry. All fuses have been checked and rechecked. Every thing works except dash lights.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:59 AM

A fuse can look good, but is broken, so measure/swap all. Also the fuse panel wiring may have disconnection and/or oxidation.
Swap accessory relays, pwr is directed via their contacts. Nissan uses color coded relays: any blue can be swapped with blue 'neighbor'.
Then follow the schema and check the wire/pwr from relay up to instr cluster. Maybe the brightness adj sw or the timer ctrl unit is dead, see starting from page FSM EL-72.
You may add new gnd wires to ensure proper grounding.