Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

Ignition Lock Assembly 2000 Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Default Ignition Lock Assembly 2000 Maxima

Greetings,

Dealer installed a new Ignition Lock Assembly in my 2000 Maxima, due to needing the computer flashed. I picked up the car and realized a day later that the blower motor was not working.

I ran the self-diagnostic system whichdiagnoses sensors, door motors, blower motor, etc. by system line. It reported a code 25 in step 2, which indicates a fault with the [align=left]Sunload Sensor Circuit. Anyone know if this would cause the blower motor to quit working?[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Car is back at the dealer now and they [service manager and mechanicthat worked on it]say there's no way they caused the issue. I have owned the car since 2002 and have never had a problem with the heat/ac until the dealer worked on it. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Thanks[/align][align=left]Jason[/align]

Old 04-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Default RE: Ignition Lock Assembly 2000 Maxima

The problem points clearly to the shop. Who can prove it this/that way, is another matter... Everyone knows that blowers continue to function in 2k maximas, they dont snap like that: theres now some connector loose or broken wire - accidentally caused by the service tech. Things happen, cant be angry - BUT - Dont let them charge you as you surely paid already premium price for this... !no charge on any spares or any work. Just dont let them squeeze you.

They may say that blower was broken already when the car was taken in, but then they should have informed you, and there has to be a record of such claim.

Clic via link below and seek mfg info on that sensor circuit.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:45 PM

Thanks for the reply. Waiting to hear back from the dealer

Old 04-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

+1 reiska cause when i work on customer vehicles and i accitdently broke somthing i told my service manager and if i had to pay for my mistake idid so just make sure you have your old recipt saying the repairs that they did and what they said they found broken or already broken prior to work and even though he said it was like that when you brought it to them they have to proof except what they documented on the work order. let us know the outcome

Old 04-10-2007, 03:47 PM

The only problem I see here was their "no way" -statement. Opening enclosures quite often cause minor problems like loosened wires, and as this was in the area, I would not accept such arrogant statement.

I want to have always satisfied customers = who will return later; in this case I'd just correct the problem, be the cause in mech or ol tech... Too often the case is not this; here arises the stealership -name they have well earned. I read once about a local Volvo -dealership service where customer was charged 8h troubleshooting premium price for non workin turn signal (the issue was hazard button stuck in mid pos).