Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

About to buy an '06 and now heard about squeaky brakes issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Default About to buy an '06 and now heard about squeaky brakes issues

Hubby and I have been looking at SUV's for a while and narrowed it down to the Pathfinder. He was just talking to someone at his work the other day and they have an '05 or '06. They said the brakes squeak, and know someone else who has a Nissan car and the brakes squeak also, and the dealer/Nissan won't fix it.

I've tried doing some internet searches to see if this is a rare problem or not. I know any vehicle, new or used, can have problems like this but now it's making me wary of buying a Nissan. Especially if it's under warranty and the dealer won't fix it. Squeaky brakes to me would be like nails on a chalkboard!

Also we are expecting a baby in July and the same person at his work also has a baby, and says the carseat will not fit in the middle of the 2nd row seat, otherwise the driver cannot move their seat back, or all the way back. So they had to put the carseat on the right side. I know it's not necessary, but it is BETTER if the carseat goes in the middle of the vehicle, in case of side impact crashes. Opinions on this also?

If you could help me out with these issues that would be great. thanks!

Old 01-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Default RE: About to buy an '06 and now heard about squeaky brakes issues

I have an 06 pathfinder se and the brakes do squeak sometimes,as for the carseat I have a 8 month old and the carseat has been in the middle of the second row since we got the pathfinder and i am 6ft tall and i can put the seat back far enough with the adjustable pedals hepls out to. for the money the pathfinder will be the best buy you can probably find. hopes this helps

Old 01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Default RE: About to buy an '06 and now heard about squeaky brakes issues

I have an '05 that I bought in September. It had 16,000 miles on it. After I owned it about a month, Inoticed the front brakes squeaking occasionally. Itdoesnt happen all the time. It only occurs when I am driving around slowly, like in a parking lot. Also, it seems to happen only when the brakes are cold.
It doent bother me too much. I figure I will take care of it when I do the first brake job on it.