Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

lighting problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Default lighting problem

last nite in the rain storm my 1995 pathfinder show how turned on its lights and wouldnt shut off. i walked out side to see only the fog lights on. i started the truck and played with the light switch for a while, i then shut the truck off and the fogs were still on, they will go on and off by the switch without the keys in the ignition. I shut off the fog lights and then the passanger side headlight was on. I was baffeled that i disconnected the battery too solve it for the nite. I've owned the truck for almost a year now and have had no problems with it till now. If anyone could give me some help it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Default RE: lighting problem

My guess is it's either a bad/shorted relay or a short in the wiring somewhere. (electricity will get to where ever it can, any way it can. If a relay shorts out or maybe something was wired improperly, it may provide a pathway for something else to get power.) Try this next time the lights won't go out. Find the head light relay and disconnect it. See if that makes your lights go out. If so, replace the relay. Also, has any electrical work been done on it? Stereo installation; New fog lights; anything electrical. If so, check the wiring closely there for shorts.

Hope that helps,

Brad