General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Dash lighting... fix for this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Default Dash lighting... fix for this?

I have 2 questions.

First I have what I am told is 99.5 Pathfinder XE 2WD. What makes the diference in the 99, 99.5 and the 2000 models? Is it a VIN split or body redesign? It looks like the 2001 models but I don't know what the 99 models looked like. If it is a redesign thing how should I reference this to the parts dept at the dealer? By the VIN, or what? Thanks for the help. All responses can be as technical as possible please. I am a VW techician so "the-more-specific-details-the-better" is what I am used to.

Second, the lighting in the A/c control head is out except for the "recirc" and "A/C" buttons still will illuminate when pushed. Are these bulbs replaceable? And if so, are they a unique bulb or something common like a "peanut bulb"? Also the radio lighting has died on the left half and upper half of the head unit. (read: only the lower right corner still lights up.) Can THESE bulbs be replaced or do I have to get a new radio unit? The center display, (clock and stationID) still illuminates fine.

Thanks for all info recieved. I will be posting here frequently now that I have this car.
-Brian

Old 02-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Dash lighting... fix for this?

The difference is it's a 99.5 .... really , it's going to have mainly 2000 parts. Best bet when you buy parts is give them the vin... we can see exactly what you have in your car. The bulbs you are talking about s0194 bulbs (peanut bulbs), is not going to be the bulb you're looking for. I'm guessing you already checked your fuses ? Best bet with that would be pulling one and bringing it to your local autoparts store.... normally they can match something up for you. Hope this helps...