Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

looking to buy a pathfinder-what to look for?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Default looking to buy a pathfinder-what to look for?

Hello all,
I'm a college student looking for a 00-04 pathfinder or qx4 with under 80,000 miles of course.
I have had2 isuzu rodeo's and currently have a honda passport. they have been great and never gave me trouble. I could redline/race them, take them offroad, or on long 1000 mile+ trips for days at a time with no trouble at all. However, I'm trying to see what the pathfinder has to offer.
I like the body and the luxury, 93 gas isnt an issue because I use it in my rodeo's(dont have to, it just drives alot better) anyways. What should I look for? Any common problems? I know practically everything that can break and how to fix it in a rodeo(believe me the list of possibles is small) but nissans have always been either really good, or really bad with everyone I know. I know I can get the 02's and older for under 10g's but I can get a fully loaded 04 rodeo for less than that, so I don't know.
Any input would be great..
Thanks!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Default RE: looking to buy a pathfinder-what to look for?

It's funny-by reading this forum, I found that all the problems I have had with my 01Pathfinder are the same for others. It's a great vehicle, I've loved owning it. 4WD comes in handy in the snow. Stereo/CD Changer is a commonly broke item-can't figure out how to replace it without losing the steering wheel controls and audio for the VHS (yes I said VHS!) The VG engine is known as one of Nissan's best. I like the body style/size of this model year.
Once I figure out the stereo issue, I'll be selling mine (switching to lease vehicles from work).
Issues I have had-
Brake judder
02 sensors, camshaft sensor, CD changer gears stripped out,
Overall, not that much stuff over the 5 years I've been driving it.