Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

2013 Nissan Sentra CVT

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2022, 01:48 PM
Default 2013 Nissan Sentra CVT

I own a 2013 Nissan Sentra and bought it New in 2013. After the purchase I found out that the CVT (Transmission) had a recall I tried to get the transmission either repaired or replaced and they said they where just going to extend the warranty which I will not qualify for do to they gave 5 year 80,000 miles well at this point I only have 13,000 miles. I need to find out if there is anybody out there who has over 80,000 miles and have not had a problem yet. It's a shame that Nissan would not repair a known problem until it crops up.

Old 05-06-2023, 02:48 PM
Smile 2013 Sentra CVT

Hello i just came across your post today. i own a Sentra 2013 as well. my transmission failed around 85k miles or so. i got it replaced in 2020 right before the pandemic. i had it replaced for $2500 at that time. the second tranny failed on this Jaunary or February 2023. i called the same shop for an estimate: $3500 for a rebuilt with one year warranty..... the problem with the tranny it was the same as before, engine like jumps when you try to take off, very slow take offs and sudden shakes. i watched tons of videos on youtube and one in particular mentioned that if the car still drives even erratically it could be fixed. i never fixed a tranny before and continued watching more videos. in another video one guy just replaces the pulleys and belt assembly, replaces the 5qts of CVT oil along with the 2 filters on the tranny. after inspecting my Sentra from the tranny left side (driver side) i convinced myself that i could give it a try and fix it..... Istarted to look up for part numbers and prices, my first stop was at amazon where i got 6qts of original Nissan NS3 CVT fluid along with the 2 filters + the tranny pan gasket. i spent like $130 on those parts there. then i looked up for the pulleys and belt kit (it comes complete with their own cover) the prices differences were huge: from $1200 to $600 i got the parts from San Antonio Tx for around $650 shipped. Once i got all my parts at home , started the process of trying to fix my beloved Sentra. Removed the battery, battery mounting box, air intake filter box, got a jack under the tranny holding the tranny, removed the rear tranny support, removed the left side tranny support, lowered the tranny slowly , i had previously removed the driver side tire so i can get a bettter view\acces for the pulleys and belt assembly cover. drained the tranny oil pan, removed both filters, removed the pulleys and belt assembly, removed all RTV silicone from the tranny and covered the tranny with an old clean towel since it was late at night.
the next day applied rtv to the cover of new pulleys and belt assembly (comes pre assembled, like plug and play ) and made a few attempts to install it until i finally got it !! Added the new pan gasket and closed the tranny, added the new cvt oil, reinstalled all parts back in place. Ran the vehicle with fear of failing again, to my surprise the car runs great !!!
Please forward my solution to replace such an expensive tranny to those interested.

Old 06-15-2023, 11:35 AM

Same car, cheapest quote...$4600....this is my rant