Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

Aftermarket improvements for your 2005 sentra 1.8 automatic

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Default Aftermarket improvements for your 2005 sentra 1.8 automatic

If anyone was wondering about making improvements to their sentra without modifications, I have field tested a number of products and attest to their quality.

01. Synthetic transmission fluid. Valvoline is the cheapest, but when compared to Mobil and Redline it is not as effective. Redline D4 promotes smoother, quicker shifts above all. Drain the transmission fluid and allow to flow until it becomes a thin stream. Pour five quarts and you are done. Check it next morning when it is cold for optimum accuracy. You can pay 10.00 a quart or 120.00 for a flush. take your pick. Fluid change interval should be the same as the pcv.

02. Iridium sparkplugs. NGK makes an excellent iridium sparkplug. Smoother shifts and improved ignition performance. Better than copper and cheaper than platinum. You will feel the difference.

03. Denso airfilters. Www.autohauaz.com offers denso filters for 10.00 dollars a piece. Better filtration and longer performance than Nissan stock filters. Nissan filters within the last 3 to 4 years have been using less red dye and I have noticed from my personal experience they clog up faster.

04. Mass Airflow Sensor. You can purchase a cleaner and also a T20 bit to fit the nuts holding it in place. Believe depending the condition of the sensor you may notice a little or a lot difference after the cleaning. Unscrew the bolts, disconnect the line, and roughly about 2 feet from your spray can, spray about 3 times, that should do it. No code situation. Clean every oil change.

05. PCV replacement. There is nothing in the nissan manual about replacing this unit, but it can cause the engine to backfire and stutter. The MAF and PCV are leading causes of poor shiftability beyond regular maintenance such as tune-ups, oil changes, and transmission fluid removal. No code situation. Change every 15 to 20 thousand miles or after 1 year, whichever comes first.

06. Improved ride quality. Please change your tire sizes from P19555 R16 to P205 55 R16. I discovered after 25,000 miles the firestone tires' ride was terrible. More alignment and poor balancing. Discount tires suggest the size change and I have never looked back. You will give up a little on the handling, but the ride trade-up will save wear and tear on your car, you, and your wallet.

07. Improved cooling. After my car blew a head gasket due to a defective stock thermostat I decided to upgrade to a stant from Advance Auto Parts and have not had any problems. It has been 2 years since the dealership rebuilt the car.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:06 AM

Aftermarket improvements for your 2005 sentra 1.8 automatic

car needs some minor touch up, like replacing the stock headers and changing the exhaust of your car, It might give the car some 4 additional horsepower to your motor

Old 10-04-2010, 09:54 AM

your products are good.