Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

97 nissan sentra / locating grommet in friewall

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Default 97 nissan sentra / locating grommet in friewall

i'm trying to run a wire from the inside of my car to under my hood. i read online about having to go through the firewall by finding a grommet hole.

can anyone tell me or post an image of where i can find a grommet hole on the passenger side? so i can run the wire through that side and under the hood.

big thanks in advance for the help!

also if anyone has any ideas how to get the wire under the hood from the passenger side please let me know. thanks

Old 12-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 97 nissan sentra / locating grommet in friewall

Just drill a hole in the firewall

Old 12-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Exactly.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:43 PM

if yu want to drill the firewall yu should be able to buy some type of rubber grommet at your local auto parts store.if you cant find any yu could drill the hole the same size as the OD of a piece of 1/4 in fuel line. then use the piece of fuel line for the grommet and run the wire thru the center. good luk!

Old 12-28-2006, 01:59 PM

thanks for the posts!

i'm going to look today for another couple of hours since i have better light to look, mostly been using a flashlight at night. but with some daylight i will poke around and try to find the stupid opening, or another opening.

maybe i'll find a good place to drill, but with my lack of knowlege with cars i dont think i'm going to drill, lots and lost of cords and pipes and motors/boxes all around, and i'm guessing once i drill through one of those fat boys my luck will be up, so i will poke some more,

any other info is appreicated. and thanks for not posting stuff like [:@]"and you wonder why you cant satisify a woman"[:@]

Old 01-08-2007, 05:28 PM

I install radios and amps for a living all you have to do is drill the hole and if you want to make sure that it dont let water in get a small piece of dynomate or hush mat and put it around the hole.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: superwu
and thanks for not posting stuff like [:@]"and you wonder why you cant satisify a woman"[:@]
Haha, this made me laugh.