Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

Help with Igniton Switch bypass

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Default Help with Igniton Switch bypass

Hi everyone,

I have a 1995 Nissan Sentra Sedan that will not start. Had the Alternator checked, starter, and battery. The car acts as though there is no battery even in it when ignition key is turned.

All accesories work with key turned to on position. I am thinking that it is the switch and need to know how or even if a switch can be hooked up to a push button or toggle switch to allow power to the starter when needed.

I had this set up in an old car I bought years ago and it worked perfect. The sentra has been very good to me and I believe it still has more to give.

Thanks for any help with this.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:08 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a 1995 Nissan Sentra Sedan that will not start. Had the Alternator checked, starter, and battery. The car acts as though there is no battery even in it when ignition key is turned.

All accesories work with key turned to on position. I am thinking that it is the switch and need to know how or even if a switch can be hooked up to a push button or toggle switch to allow power to the starter when needed.

I had this set up in an old car I bought years ago and it worked perfect. The sentra has been very good to me and I believe it still has more to give.

Thanks for any help with this.
How about the engine?Did you check it?

Old 06-16-2009, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by full house
How about the engine?Did you check it?
Engine seemed fine when the car decided to turn over. This problem came out of nowhere. Went to start it one day and nothing, not a click, pop nothing. I tinkered with it for days, trying the usual things to find the problem, then I gave up. After about a week or so I tried it just to see and it turned over. I drove it for about 3 days then the same thing. Another week or so went by and tried it and like before it turned over and went for a few more days.

After doing some reading I found where someone with the same problem also had problems with a heater motor. A poster said that the a problematic heater motor can draw too much power through the ignition switch, causing it to burn out. I also had heater blower motor issues prior to this.