Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

Pulsation and steering shaking while braking at high speed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 10:52 PM
Default Pulsation and steering shaking while braking at high speed.

Need Urgent Help Please.
went to workshop for brake job, my mechanic changed the rotors and pad, and I was all set. But after 2 months I got the pulsation and steering started to shake when i pressed the pedal at high speed, I went back to my mechanic, and he replaced the rotors and pads again, shaking and pulsation was gone and life was good, but only for 2 months, I went to my mechanic again, at this point he said it might be bad quality parts and advised me to go to dealership for Nissan premium parts, but instead i went to a different mechanic (because i didn't agree that it was the parts quality issue). So, the new mechanic replaced the rotors and pads with the part who he thought was premium quality parts, so pulsation and vibration gone, but a usual it came back after 2 months, I went to my mechanic again to report it, he said he used the premium parts, and all the suspensions looks good also, he is not sure what is wrong, and why new rotors and pads keep pulsating and vibrating every after 2 months. so, as a last resort he advised me to replace the rotors and pads with original parts from Nissan dealership, but still i am still convinced that there is something else which is messing up my rotors and pads. Any suggestion and advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:24 AM

i had the same problem. Trying to remeber what i did to fix it. Seems like it was loose bolts on the struts- I put new struts in and didnt tighten bolts properly. It drove me nuts. Only way i found it was turning those shocks in as defective and putting in new pair of struts. So i think anything loose in front end could cause it. Just something to check