Nissan Sentra The Sentra has grown to be one of the most popular cars ni the sport compact market with its powerful 4 cylinder engine and spacious interior.

Torn CV Boot

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Default Torn CV Boot

How important is it to replace a torn CV boot in a timely fashion. Car has 172,000 miles and just recently got word of a torn CV boot. Is this something I should be concerned about in getting fixed? Also, how hard is it to change a CV boot? I am trying to get more involved in auto repair, but the most I have ever done is change my oil.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Default RE: Torn CV Boot

be very careful if your planning on doing this yourself.
i just had both my axles replaced due to a torn cv boot which i had on way to long. but the shop forgot to put the fudgen bolts on the calipers and i had to replace everything. if you plan on doing it yourself, try to get a lift because a jack is going to get you frustrated when you cant move very much. but for the most part, its all just taking bolts out and replacing. oh and i would highly suggest replacing the whole entire axle because a torn cv boot usually means a lot of wear and tear on the axles and could be potentially dangerous later for you. if the axle comes out and becomes dislodged, you WILL lose all stearing for the wheel and lose control unless you know how to menuaver. so be carefull is all. make sure everything goes back the way you took it off. all and all it should be a 2 hour job for your first time.