Nissan Skyline For decades, the name Skyline has stood for Japan's version of the Muscle Car. Combining Rear Wheel Drive with the high performance engine, the Skyline can be seen everywhere in performance world, from video games to magazines, this car is many enthusiasts dream car.

200sx s13 with rb25det

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Default 200sx s13 with rb25det

Hello!

I've issued a couple of posts on the norwegian Nissan-forum, though nobody seems to be able to help me... Hopefully some of you will have a clue whats going on with my engine...

As mentioned, I got a 200sx s13 with a rb25det engine, just installed. I bought a complete "package" from this norwegian guy which included:

-Standard rb25det
-autronics sm2
-turbonetics turbo (good for 520 hp)
-greddy inlet

In addition I have a greddy front mounted IC, greddy alu radiator, oil catch, walbro 255 l/h fuelpump, ++

The engine is mapped and ready with 451 hp at 1 bar, with papers and everything.

Now, I've just finished the engine-swap, and the first start was a few days ago. I haven't got a wb-lambda yet, though hopefully it will be in place soon...

The symptoms are:
- Black smoke
- Black spark plugs (all of them)
- Low idle speed when cold (400-500 RPM)
- Stabilized idle speed when warm (800-1000 RPM)
- Seems to get way to much fuel, or way too little air?
- According to autronics-software "charge-temp" get's abit high after a while (when just running at idle speed) ? Anybody now what charge-temp is?
- Intake becomes quite warm after running at idle speed for while
- oil pressure at idle speed, about 2 bar (normal?)
- when driving the car runs "smooth" beneath 3000 RPM, and starts jerking when the turbo spins up. Though the turbo charges no more than 0,5 bar (but it feels like just driving a none-turbo-charged-vehicle).

I would be extremely glad for any help! I'm not very good with technical tems, especially in english :-/ So if you guys could keep it as simple as possible

There might be some things that I've forgotten...
If you want to see some pictures, that can be arranged.

Kind regards,
Geir

Old 05-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Default RE: 200sx s13 with rb25det

CHARGE AIR TEMP IS CALCULATED FROM COOLANT TEMP & AIR INTAKE TEMP.E.G.COOLANT TEMP 60 DEG.AIR INTAKE TEMP 60DEG.CHARGE AIR TEMP.FACTOR 50%.CHARGE AIR TEMP WOULD BE 60DEG.IF CHARGE AIR TEMP. FACTOR HIGHER THAN 50%MORE SENSITIVE TO CHANGES IN COOLANT TEMP. SENSOR.IF CHARGE AIR TEMP. FACTOR LESS THAN 50% MORE SENSITIVE TO CHANGES IN AIR INTAKE TEMP. SENSOR.CHECK IGN. TIMING WITH TIMING LIGHT.CHECK RETURN LINE FROM FUEL RAIL TO TANK ISNT RESTRICTED.MAKE SURE FUEL PRESSURE IS OK.IS IT MAPPED FOR INJECTORS YOU ARE USING.MAKE SURE NO VACUUM LEAKS AFTER THROTTLE BODY.WILL AFFECT MAP SENSOR READING.OTHER THAN THAT THE OTHER THING IS THE FUEL MAP E.C.U.REALLY NEED W.B.LAMBA TO SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH A/F RATIOS AT IDLE & UNDER LOAD.

HOPE THIS HELPS DARREN.