Nissan Xterra The Xterra offers a more compact alternative to the Pathfinder, without compromising interior size, and with the optional supercharged engine, it is not all bark and no bite.

Air bag dash light flasshing, My fault?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Default Air bag dash light flasshing, My fault?

Ok, so I recently installed an XM radio FM modulator behind the center dash (2005 model). No wires to cut, just tap into the ignition switched wire at the radio and screw down a ground wire. The only other wires in the area seem to be only for the temperature controls. So maybe a day later the dash air bag light starts flashing. Perhaps it was the same day (I didnt look for it) or just coincidence. I cant see any damage done anywhere or even why any air bag wiring wiring would be in the area of the center dash. Any ideas?[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 09-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Air bag dash light flasshing, My fault?

the dealership should have an airbag system scanner...i would look into that..youre still under warranty..right?

Old 09-02-2005, 07:39 PM

Just curious, did your X come with the Fosgate Sound System? I am purchasing an X (xterra) on Saturday, and I am trying to plan ahead for the Satellite system. The X I have chosen comes with the Fosgate Sound System with the 6-disc in-dash changer. The dealer parts desk tells me that I can purchase the Nissan Satellite receiver (all parts & kit for $397) and install the system myself or through the dealer. Did you need any other wiring harnesses, or is the system really pre-wired? The Nissan website says satellite rceivers can not be installed unless the vehicle is pre-wired from the factory. Can you give me in sight regarding this and your installation??

Old 12-13-2007, 07:03 AM

I had the same problem with the airbag flashing but I didn't do any work on my car I fixed it myself when to a website and the instruction given to me if you want to try to see if it fixes the problem before going to a dealer is :
1. open the open leave open and turn ignition to on and than by your door you should have a button that control the flash on an off on the celing of your car well you are going to press in the button 10times in a row than turn key on ignition off position and close door of car wait a couple of minutes and turn car on the flash light should be done if not they take car to dealer rememeber I didn't do no work on the dash it just starting flashing in my car but every little bit help let me know if it worked from you.