Street 'n' Strip This is the secton for all of your track and street racing stories!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Default 16.3

yeah thats a 16 sec nissan.......how often do you guys see that. anyway i own a 91 300 auto....yeah auto......with catback and a c air intake. the catback also replaced the resionater with a x pipe that makes the bastard loud as hell. anyway its not getting the job done on the strip.....rolling starts are great, but im embarrasing myself on the strip. does anyone have any suggestions. the car is running strong, i have had the heads resurfaced new radiator timing belts tranny fluids changed the car is taken care of guys i also have pix on the profile.....does anyone know about the hks alc? does it help with preformance? i know i need a 5 spd tt, my wife is going to do the swap next year while im away in iraq, but for now guys i need a lil help. thanks guys.

Old 08-19-2006, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 16.3

you should be running faster than that... do a tune up, you'd be surprised what youll get from a nice tune up

Old 09-07-2006, 02:14 AM

Strip out the a/c, get some high octane (104 or better), Get a AIT recalabered resistor, GET UNDER PULLEYS, If you have headers....wrap them, Gets some platnum wires and plugs, Get a hot coil, MSD if you can afford it, get high-flow fuel filter and air filter.........start with these or check them if you already have them. Sometimes it's just small stuff that makes a differance between spanking and sputering!

Good luck

Old 09-07-2006, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: sentratuner

Strip out the a/c, get some high octane (104 or better), Get a AIT recalabered resistor, GET UNDER PULLEYS, If you have headers....wrap them, Gets some platnum wires and plugs, Get a hot coil, MSD if you can afford it, get high-flow fuel filter and air filter.........start with these or check them if you already have them. Sometimes it's just small stuff that makes a differance between spanking and sputering!

Good luck
104 octane isnt going to do much if anything, he would need to advace the ignition timing for it to help out. heat wrap for the header(s) arent going to help either besides his engine bay beening a little bit cooler. high flow fuel filter wont help either cause hes not running a high out put motor to need to push more fuel, and as far as underdrive pulleys yes, those help out alot by taking the weight mass off the crank, w/p, p/s, etc. and making it less work for the motor to spin over. Msd isnt the best bang for its buck. and plugs and wire kit maybe it will help.

just my opinion.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:31 PM

Well to combate slow lauch, you want the snapiest throtle posisble and that means: cool engine and incomming air, hotter spark, and free flowing fuel. Every thing I mention will help to facilitate that. And lightening up the crank and car in genral. And believe me, Changing to a free flow type filter like an exposed K&N will make a BIG differance even it you dont have turbo or the like!

Old 09-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Well to combate slow lauch, you want the snapiest throtle posisble and that means: cool engine and incomming air, hotter spark, and free flowing fuel. Every thing I mention will help to facilitate that. And lightening up the crank and car in genral. And believe me, Changing to a free flow type filter like an exposed K&N will make a BIG differance even it you dont have turbo or the like!
stripping out the car helps in alot of ways (braking, cornering, acceleration, tire wear) but i wouldnt strip the car unless this is just a track car.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:46 AM

Well some times I will take my seats out for a night (assanger and back seat) and even some panels and truck completely stripped just for some fun on the street.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Well some times I will take my seats out for a night (assanger and back seat) and even some panels and truck completely stripped just for some fun on the street.
1/10th of a second for every 100lbs my friend.

your not saving much.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:45 AM

1/10 sec at how many horse, that ratio will change depending on your horse power and especially torque. And that 1/10 sec. is gaind mostly in the launch. In tuners like mine (and yours) nothing is too small to over look. If at the rate you gave of 1/10 off per hundred pounds, sripping 200lb. is a decent gain. This combined with some torque gaining measures really makes a differance. Run a quarter mile with an extra person in the car and see just how much slower you go. Take that in reverse and thats how effective wieght loss is.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

1/10 sec at how many horse, that ratio will change depending on your horse power and especially torque. And that 1/10 sec. is gaind mostly in the launch. In tuners like mine (and yours) nothing is too small to over look. If at the rate you gave of 1/10 off per hundred pounds, sripping 200lb. is a decent gain. This combined with some torque gaining measures really makes a differance. Run a quarter mile with an extra person in the car and see just how much slower you go. Take that in reverse and thats how effective wieght loss is.
all "stripping" you car does is have a little higher trap speed in the 1/4 mile and a little quicker acceleration, and yeah i can notice a difference with only one more person in the car, its obvious.

but, 200lbs lets say only saves you .20 in the 1/4 you run 16.0 flat and then strip out 200lbs you might run 15.8 maybe depending on driver.

only way you'd strip 200lbs out of a sentra is to gut the car to almost nothing, all the seats are foam and weight next to nothing, only REAL weight is the firewall blanket which weights 45lbs, ALL a/c weights 40lbs, sound deading weights about 20lbs. Unless you want a all out track car that has nothing more than a seat and a steering wheel.