Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

What else do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 06:00 AM
Default What else do i need?

Hey guys. Ive been off and on this site while looking for a car, and now ive found one albeit something i wasnt expecting.

I just bought a 1997 Nissan Lucino S-RV (japan only) for while im stationed in Okinawa (ill post pics when i get a decent camera but its similar to this).
Im already thinking of a system to put into the car, but am not very ept on ICE, with what i need and how to hook it up.

For now, ive found a headunit (JVC KD-G720 with the cool USB input) but dont know what i can hook up to it.

I know the HU supports a front and rear channel as well as a sub, but i also want 2 more speakers mounted on the rear deck of the car (total of 6 speakers and 1 sub). Anyone know how to do that?

Also, do i need a Crossover to make this work if i use one amp for the sub and another one for the speakers?

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Alan

Old 09-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Default RE: What else do i need?

It all depends on how much you want to add. You can run 6 speakers off one amp without a problem just make sure its a good (RMS)amp. As fas as a crossover again it all depends on what you are wanting to do. Scroll through all the option on H/U most likely it has a built in crossover already and also i would pick out the amps you want to use with built in crossovers as well. It all depends on how big(watts) you are wanting to go.