General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

NEEDDD HELP!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Default NEEDDD HELP!!!!!!!!

1998 200sx se I'm getting two codes P0701 Transmission Control System Range/Performance, can somebody explain to me what this code really means and what i need to do to fix my car. The other code I got was P1446 Evaporative Vac Solenoid Circuit Malfunction. The problems my car is having is its driving performance, my car will just lose power and shut off whiles driving or when idle after a while. If I try to restart it won't, sometimes it takes 2 hours before the car can restart again. Lastly when putting gas in the tank the gas comes up every 5 seconds. Which problem is causing my car to shut off and not restart after hours. ( the P0701 I've just got recently). I've always had the P1446 code. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLS!!!!

Old 05-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Default RE: NEEDDD HELP!!!!!!!!

sounds like you might want to check to see if you have a ground issue in the sending unit or check to see if there is a block in your fuel vacum line, if you drive dusty roads some time the sending unit or sensor gets dust on them that retards and may cause the sensors to heat up. or there may be a vacum leak in your fuel system, if you can set it up on a system check computer it'll give you an idea if its the sensors or a mechanical issue. most mechanic shops have the capability to check systems with out having to do a tear down of the system them selves. any way good luck.