General Nissan Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

S13 Ka24de starting problem! help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Default S13 Ka24de starting problem! help!

hi i have a ka24de s13, last year i got it overheated and blown up the headgasket...i had a mechanic replaced my gaskets...but after he changed the gasket the car won't start at all.....the mechanic pushed all the responsbility and left my car in front of his house for 3 month and keep lying to me he is trying to work on it...in the end he never touch anything and i got mad with him and towed the car back to my house......the reason he didn't do anything because he broke my camshaft.....and he left the firing order wrong....injector unpluged....all kinds of mess.......so i am trying to work on it now to make the car to go back alive again...the only thing i am glad is he did change the gasket........the car is in my garage now....i replaced the spark plugs...starter...camshaft......gaskets......clean up all the mess he did to my car....

but now i have a problem.....the motor is turning when i crank it....but it is not starting.......i have a factory service manual....i followed all the procedure and checked everything.....but the motor just turns and nothing happens......the timing is right and the firing order is right...i also swapped the ecu to make sure the ecus are working fine......set the motor to TDC and #1....but when i try to crank it again.........a big bang from the engine sounds like backfire...then gas burnt smell comes out from the intake fills up the garage.......if i keep crank it then nothing would be happening....and the plugs are way wet.......the gas even can create a bridge on it....which means the fuel is there......i also replaced the ignition module.......reground the engine........what else i missed and any advice to help me out please!!!i really want to get my car alive again! please give me advices!

Old 01-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Default RE: S13 Ka24de starting problem! help!

Did you make sure you are getting spark? try removing a spark plug, connect it to the plug wire, touch the plug to the metal on the block or head and have a friend crank it. good luck.