Nissan 240sx and Nissan 200sx These models offered an ealy introduction to the sport compact class, and are still popular today.

howdy..i need som egood advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 01:17 AM
Default howdy..i need som egood advice

whats up..i just acquired a 96 240 le 5 speed..and i bought it for about 4000 bucks

and im debating on wether or not to just say to hell with it..and drop an sr20det motor in it..or actually turbo the ka..

it has a little over 87000 miles..which is pretty damn good if i say so myself..it drives pretty well..althought i believe the oringal struts and shocks are in it..so its killed the springs..it sits a little low..so i know i ordered a set of tanabe coil overs to put a little pep in it's step..

i've sor tof stopped here..because without knowing which way to go..i have to hold out on an exhaust and intake so i dont just throw the money away if i turbo the motor..or drop in a new one

also..im looking for a new sr motor..and i have absolutely no idea where i could get one...do they even sell new ones..if so where..i have about a 10k buget for this car..and after buying it..im using the 4000 (after coilovers, and needs a new coat of paint/repainted deck and hood) for a new engine..the rest i can work up for with paychecks..i just want to get all major mods done within a close time period so if any problems arise..i can fix them before they get worse

Old 05-31-2006, 03:33 PM
Default RE: howdy..i need som egood advice

my personal suggestion is to turbo the ka. there is no replacement for displacement. especailly you with less than 100k on it. i would also suggest new shocks toi go with those tanabe springs (which are badass by the way) i say either kyb or tokico. remember you are on a budget, stick with the free motor. there are more parts readily availabe for the ka then the sr20 for that car. you more than likely arent going to find a new sr20, the closest you can get is a rebuilt one. dont get me wrong the sr is a nice motor but lacks the torque that is damn important when you are sitting still. so unless you plan on staying in the 5k plus rpm range its almost useless. when you do decide on what to do let me know and i can get you pricing and what not, no tto mention an honest answer on whats good and whats not. i work for Elite Motorsport in plano, tx. so just give me a holla when you are ready to make a decision. by the way, im going to turbo my 93 s13 coupe. im just waiting for the miles to hit 200k.