Nissan Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with NissanForum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better NF? Tell us here.

Highs and Lows of Nissan trucks

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Default Highs and Lows of Nissan trucks

new to nissan trucks, I currently have an 87 nissan 4x4 M/T. My other vehicles are 2 89 subaru s/w (which i love) and a 93 suzuki sidekick. All of these vehicles have their pluses and minuses, strengths and weaknesses. I just got this nissan with the z24 engine from an auction at our salvage yard, it has 157k on it. Just wondering if anyone can tell me the pros and cons of these, performance wise durability, what to watch out for etc... any input is appreciated

Old 10-28-2009, 11:22 AM

I've got to admit, I'm a bit shocked that there have been no responses, when I posted that question in the ultimate subaru message board it lit up with people talking about there various older model subarus and there conquests, how the cylinder heads were there biggest weakness but the strengths were an otherwise bulletproof ea82 engine etc.. etc..

Perhaps the purchase of this vehicle wasn't such a good idea? I've long wanted a little truck, chev luv, nissan, datsun, something that makes going camping easier to load, and when hunting easier to load your game.

But on the same note, I don't want some truck thats notoriously got a vast amount of mechanical/electrical problems, i don't particularly want to be driving around these mountainous NW mountains and be breaking down.

I've already got a series of questions to post, but I'd like to here what if anything anybody has to say about this particular model of nissan truck.