Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

How do I fix the Electrical Fault in my 1991 Nissan Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Default How do I fix the Electrical Fault in my 1991 Nissan Maxima?

I'm having a problem with my 19991 Nissan Maxima, the electrics are all weird like when I brake the temperature gauge goes up and just moves around randomly like it'll go up every time I when I indicate or put the lights on etc and then go down when I turn them off again and sometimes it works normally but most of the time it doesn't, I know the engine is sweet and so is the gearbox... Also when I indicate the stereo cuts out for a second too... The worst part about the problem is that my auto trans only stays in one gear unless you try start it in drive and then put it in neutral and try start it and then it works perfectly!
How can I fix this and what does anyone think it could be?
Cheers, Stephen.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 AM
Default RE: How do I fix the Electrical Fault in my 1991 Nissan Maxima?

Guess what!? I took it to my friend to have a look at and he was testing the earths etc that I don't know much about, I was looking round for earths and I found the very main earth the 1st one that comes off the battery wasn't bolted into the chassis! We found a bolt and bolted it in and now everything works properly, apart from my cruise control (All the lights work when you switch cruise control on so I don't know what it could be?) and the clock, oh and also my central locking lol.
So if anybody can help me on how to fix those 3 problems that would be awesome!