Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

92 pathfinder ENGINE SHUTOFF!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Default 92 pathfinder ENGINE SHUTOFF!!! HELP!!!

yesterday after driving down a ~6 mile long dirt road in 4 wheel drive my engine cut off! no sputtering/grinding or any other bad noises, just total shutdown! (radio, fan, everything electric) it would re-start and i was able to drive it home, but every once in awhile it would cut off and have to be re-started again. sometimes we'd have to pull the key totally out before it would let us restart it) we are thinking it's an electrical problem, and have sent it in to the shop, but I thought i might ask on here if anyone else has ever heard of anything like this before, and if so, what was the solution?

it's a 92 pathfinder w/ about 170,000 miles on it. runs great otherwise, and has been driven up and down the same dirt road where it shut down many many times without a problem! I dont drive it hard on the road though, and have maintained it well. also, perhaps a coincidence, a few days before this happened i noticed that all my power windows except the drivers window were broken (both on the individual door buttons, and also on the driver window controls)

please help me! I love my car