Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

New 2007 Pathfinder owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New 2007 Pathfinder owner

The funny part about this is that you guys are complaining that a US dealership cannot get a part that is unavailable. It is very hard for me to believe there is a cover made for it in Europe that is an original nissan part.... if there was the part number would be in my database. Can anyone give me a location, website, etc of where you can buy this cover? If you want to get Nissan to make one quicker call 1800NISSAN1 ... they normally do listen to what people have to suggest.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:27 AM

Check this website out, on interior accessories look for cargo blinds. This is Nissan in Australia.
http://www.nissan.com.au/pathfinder/accessories.asp

Old 12-28-2006, 10:16 AM

So much for the theory of "if it isn't available here, it isn't available". My main hobby, is Austin Healey Sprites. One of my parts suppliers is Colin Dodds, of Dural, NSW Oz. The dollar isn't as strong there as in times past, but it is a better option buying from Oz than the U.K.
TexasPathF, shall I pursue a rear cover for you, as well as for myself?
On a slightly different note, I started looking for forums pertaining to

Old 12-28-2006, 10:20 AM

darn, hit the wrong button.
When I started looking for Pathfinder forums, I found NPORA, and after giving it a look, I joined it. I have tried to navigate and utilize the site, but appears to dead. All links lead to nowhere, no posting allowed, no editing ones profile, and no active contact email. Is this a "Hotel California" site. You can sign up, but you can never sign off? Perhaps it is some odd sort of registry for owners. Does anyone else know anything about this site?

Old 12-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting... I'll see what I can do.

Old 12-31-2006, 08:13 PM

Colin got back to me. His Nissan dealership in Oz has the cargo blind, for $410 US, plus shipping. That one trim item, left out of a vehicle, that is made HERE, will cost the equivalent of a car payment. The trim items, are they made here as well as the vehicle? Does Nissan have other factories building Pathfinders around the world?

Brad

Old 01-01-2007, 09:51 PM

Hi guys,

I just had to register to join in on this conversation. I have a new PF on order, probably arriving at the end of this month. I've known for about 6 months that I was definitely going to buy one, but just never had the enthusiasm to start haggling with the dealers. Anyway, during that time I have been searching for all the different accessories I will be ordering once my vehicle arrives. One of the items I've been looking for has been the rear cargo cover, imagine that. The Aussie solution is not what I was looking for, especially at the price. I've been snooping on the various European Nissan sites. Nissan UK seems to have exactly what we are all looking for-a simple rollup cargo cover. I did a bit of poking around on the UK Yahoo site looking for various Nissan accessory/parts sites, and there are a few. I haven't emailed anyone for pricing yet, or for photos to make sure it will work. I'd love to get my hands on a full PF manual (UK flavor) that will actually have diagrams of how this is mounted. I have the US 2005 PF service manuals, but can find nothing in them pertaining to what appears to be all the necessary mounts for a cover. I'll be out of town the next couple of weeks, although I might be able to hop on the net to see if anyone has discovered anything further. In short, I'm not going to let this rest until I find something that will definitely work for my soon to arrive PF.

Steve

Old 01-01-2007, 10:00 PM

For example, it is called the "load-area cover" in the UK. Here's one site for Nissan parts there:

http://www.nissanparts.co.uk/

Old 01-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

I sent emails to the parts managers of several dealerships in UK and Australia... hopefully they will be able to supply me with the part number.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:04 PM

I just received this from one of my inquiries:

good morning mr anderson in ref to the email you sent in regards to
the rear cargo area cover.we will require some vehicle details(reg or
chassis no.)
to comfirm part.There are about seven options but approx cost is
between £106 to £135.

Any clues as to what I should tell him? I'm not sure if I will get very far telling him my vehicle is a US model.

Quick Reply: New 2007 Pathfinder owner