Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

New 2007 Pathfinder owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Default RE: New 2007 Pathfinder owner

Burnout, are all Pathfinders made in Tenn? Or are the factories all over the world making them?

Old 01-03-2007, 12:03 AM

This was taken from an ad on Ebay for the Australian cargo cover, which is definitely not what I/we are looking for:

You are bidding on a Nissan Pathfinder Rear Cargo Blind

This is a rear cargo blind for the new Nissan Pathfinder 2005 model.
Perfect for a large family who wish to carry items and keep them covered - away from the sun and prying eyes.
This is only for use with the 3rd row seats in the upright position. It will not cover the whole cargo bay with the 3rd row seats stowed away.
It is charcoal grey in colour.
Not designed to be load carrying.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:14 AM

The guy I've been in contact with in the UK has been extremely helpful. Problem is, I don't yet have my PF, so I can't really follow everything he is saying. Could someone comment on his email, please? Also, if anyone could email me a few photos of both rear panels (where the cover would mount), I can forward them to him and see what he thinks. Here's his reply:

hi steve,
the options are to do with interior color and year.we have
looked on the
Nissan USA site and there is no parcel shelf/cover listed as you
said.it will all depend if the car side panel interior trims have the oval
cut outs for the shelf to lock into(5 on each side)
I have taken some measurements of the uk shelfs,there is a short shelf
which is used
when the second seat of rear seat are up and a long one when only the
front set of rear seats are in use.

large shelf(folding/adjustable):width across 57inches,from back of
seats to tailgate 24-3/4inch.
short shelf(1 fold):width 57inches,from back of second row of seats to
tailgate 14inches.
I hope this helps,if you have'nt all ready tried call the Nissan
customer services desk they maybe able to put you in contact with someone who
specifically deals with 4x4
sales and accesories.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:18 AM

I'll take some photos when I get home from work. I don't have decent digital here at work. Hopefully he can help us.
FWIW, I called the factory in Smyrna, TN and found out that the RHD PF are made elsewhere, possibly Japan. That would explain why we don't have them on the LHD vehicles. Anyway, I asked for at least a part number so that we can try and order them from a SOMEONE. I also let the person I was speaking with know that I was not alone in my search, and that there should be a recall considered, to install the forgotten part. <G>
He said he didn't want to sound like he was offering false hope, so don't think we are getting anywhere soon. He did say that he will see what he can find out.
I say "Remember, we are still dealing with a major corporation"

Brad

Old 01-04-2007, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Ask them for a part number, I have had no replies to my emails as of yet.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:50 PM

That would be great if you could take the photos, thanks! I know someone also suggested trying the rear cover from the Xterra. I measured the minimum width in each when I was out shopping for a new vehicle, but never measured the maximum width. Even if they are a bit different, surely something could be rigged.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:40 PM

Here is a picture of the left rear trim panelin my '05. This is from the very back, up to the 2nd row seat. My 3rd row is folded down. The right looks about the same. Sorry for the quality, I took it with my camera phone. I dont see 5 oval cut outs that the UK guy is talking about..

Old 01-05-2007, 01:55 PM

I'd LOVE to see a closer view of the front attachment point. Mine has a blanking plate over it, so I have no idea how it connects up front . Also, on the US models that I have looked at so far, the "C" channel in your photo is only on the left side. The right side has a 1/2" dimple in the moulding.
Since I work for a cabinet shop, I'm currently trying to pull a design out of my **** for an enclosure behind the third row seat. I don't need to stow much, but when we went on vacation, and stopped to eat, you would have thought we were checking into a hotel. Carrying 2 laptops cases and 2 large digital camera bags onto the restuarant was a bit tiresome. But it's better than leaving them exposed, in the vehicle, as a target for theft.
After all, it was Houston.....

Old 01-05-2007, 06:09 PM

Hey tequila,

Are you talking about this part? The drivers side on mine just happens to be mssing the little cap/cover.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:12 PM

Yep, that's it! I have never removed the cover on mine, I guess now I know what it looks like under there.

Thank you
Brad

rule one of tequila buying
Always look for 100% BLUE agave tequila

Quick Reply: New 2007 Pathfinder owner