Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

New 2007 Pathfinder owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Default RE: New 2007 Pathfinder owner

I cannot fit not even the first aid kit in that hole underneath the 2nd row. We like the cover you showed in your pictures... the question is where can we purchase the cover and how much... we know is not in the US because Nissan USA and their service sucks!

Old 01-15-2007, 09:11 PM

In looking at my PF, I wonder if the part you have with the cut outs, might be something that bolts in after the fact. The rest of your panel looks pretty much the same, except for that top trim piece with the notches.
Yeah, the cubby under the seats barely holds a tow strap and 4 ratchet tie down straps.[:'(]

Old 01-15-2007, 09:21 PM

FWIW, I have made a collapsible storage area for the rear of my Pathfinder, as I have NO faith that Nissan will be of ANY help in this issue. Of course, it serves two purposes. It not only will keep the valuables secure in the section behind the rear seat. It is not accessable from inside the vehicle, once installed, but it also serves, with a few added component pieces, as my mobile tequila bar.
I support local music, and rather than buy the band shots of crap tequila, I take along the "good" stuff. It costs as much as a round of the garbage, and goes alot further.
If anyone is interested in pics, let me know.

"friends don't let friends drink Cuervo or Patron"

Old 01-16-2007, 10:43 AM

Ok, this is the last time I ask for this: CAN SOMEONE IN THIS FORUM GIVE INFORMATION ABOUT WHERE AND HOW TO PURCHASE THE CARGO COVER AVAILABLE IN THE UK???

Old 01-16-2007, 06:48 PM

TB, I checked again on my Pathy, the cutouts are moulded into the side trim panels. Also, we don't have the square cutout that you do. I had a look on the Nissan UK site and the cover is standard fit, not an accessory. That's not a problem though, I'll give my dealer a ring tomorrow and get a price. Obviously there'll be a shipping charge though. If you think it's worth trying, I couldtake some accurate measurements from mine,then maybeyou could get a toolshop to machine up some neat rails with thenecessary cutoutsthat would attach to your existing side panels for the cover to sit on.....??

Old 01-16-2007, 09:41 PM

His name is Andy Reed. Here's his email: D1502Parts@uk.nissan.biz

Let us know if you get anywhere with that. I'll have to start snooping around on all the other Nissan country sites & see if I can find a different alternative to the "foldable" cover.

ORIGINAL: TexasPathF

Hey Steve!
Do you have the contact info for the UK dealership you were talking to. Screw all this, I'll get the cover and then get hardwareto install it. Seems the way to get something done is to do it yourself.
Thanks,

TexasPathF

Old 01-17-2007, 02:03 PM

Well, I finally got the call [:@] I had called the factory in Tennessee, and was able to get someone there to talk to the designers, to find out why we don't have a cargo cover on the US Pathfinders.
Final answer, it was too costly.........
a FORTY THOUSAND DOLLAR VEHICLE, and they stop making parts, cuz it cuts into the profit margin.
They didn't even consider making it as an accessory, to sell at an additional cost.
So there you have it, Nissan USA is not going to be any help here.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:21 PM

Figures. I'd just like to know what idiot made that decision, especially when that is an option on the other SUV's out there.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:58 PM

FWIW, the folks that do R&D at my job, are just about as bright.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:34 PM

I wonder who smoked weed at Nissan USA

Quick Reply: New 2007 Pathfinder owner