Nissan Pathfinder This mid-sized SUV has been at the head of its class since its early years thanks to its abilities both on the road, and off.

Timing belt and crankshaft pulley

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Default Timing belt and crankshaft pulley

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have a 97 Nissan Pathfinder and waterpump went out. I thought changing a water pump will be a breeze. Ha oh! NO, its not. I had to dig in and finally got the water pump off. Now. I kept reading the maintenance manual over and over trying to understand the timing. I m wanting to put a new belt on and I got both camshaft lined up with the dot and bottom timing is lined up also before I took the belt off. It was already timed before and Nothing was messed with. So does that mean, its still timed?

Another thing, while getting to the water pump, I broke the lip off the crankshaft pulley, and oh my god! I cannot find another replacement anywhere except for Nissan Dealership. I do not want to pay 225.00 for a damn pulley!

Any help guys will be very appreciative!

Old 08-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Default RE: Timing belt and crankshaft pulley

Are you high? bro, as long as you never moved the engine over, than yes it will still be in time. Don't worry about the crank pulley. You know you could have just left the belt on, if all you were going to do was change the w-pump.