Nissan Quest This minivan offers an economical solution to those who want the size of an SUV, but with greater economy.

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 04:56 PM
Default Help!!!

Hello All,

I have a 2008 Nissan Quest & it started having problems when the alternator went out. I replaced the alternator and battery but it kept having problems. I have replaced sensors and there is still something strange happening. My stereo will blare white noise from time to time on its own, the side door won't work from the outside handle. It has slipped into limp mode several times. I heard that there is a BCM that might play a part in the problems so if there's anyone out there with some advice please let me know.

Thanks

Old 08-16-2022, 09:24 PM
Exclamation Nissan Quest Alternator problems

I'm having the same issue with the alternator not charging. 2014 Nissan Quest Go to this site. https://batterygroupexpert.com/how-t...-a-car-battery/ This guy is really good at alternator issues. Scroll down to find the videos and texts. The videos are thorough and in-depth. I had my alternator changed, my battery as well. a few months later the same thing happened. Battery dead and alternator not charging. First thought is the alternator is bad. NOT necessarily. just a blown fuse, bad connection in the wiring, grounded wires that shouldn't be. Just a lot of things to check before buying a new alternator, It would help a lot to get an electrical schematic to follow the wires. I think i have a wiring problem, maybe a frayed wire somewhere, or even a fuse. And there are a handful of fuses that could be the source .

I have been looking for a wiring diagram for my alternator and charging system with no luck. If I come across one for yours, I'll let you know. Same for you if you find one let me know Please. I only have on vehicle, so I am in bad situation. I already paid $$$ to have it fixed. I don't want to take it back to the shop. They did a really poor job. Greasy hand prints on the cloth seats. missing and loose bolts. I'm so pissed at these f**kng as***les. I'm not going to take it back to them for the warranty work. I know they will break something to charge me for. Who can you trust? Do it yourself and hope for the best.

Last edited by nexus2014; 08-16-2022 at 09:31 PM. Reason: New at this "posting"