Nissan Maxima The flagship luxury sedan from Nissan, combining performance with all of the modern touches you woudl expect in a luxury car.

Nissan battery/alternator problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Default Nissan battery/alternator problem

I have a 2001 nissan maxima GLE. I just replaced the battery, and had an oil change done on it. Before both of these things, a humming noise was coming from around the front right tire upon starting the car, and upon accelerating. I believe it is the alternator, because the belt seems to be moving fine. Lately ive been running into a problem where if i run alot of power output aka... radio, brakes, headlights, a/c, and seat warmers (mainly brakes and headlights, so at night its not a fun drive)... after about 20 minutes, two icons on my dashboard start flickering the red symbol between the directionals, and my overdrive. The clock starts to dim as well. If i do not immediately switch the car into neutral and pump gas, the car will die. With a battery pack, it can be jumpstarted, but dies shortly after (if using lights and so on). The part that gets me is this... when i drive to work in the morning with no utilities on, my car is fine, and the battery seems to charge from the previous nights expedition. Is this my problem my alternator in full or just a bearing in it? Or something else?

jhallen

Old 11-01-2011, 09:24 PM

I always do that, I check everything to see if its working perfectly but still after a couple of days or week the problem comes out.

Old 08-16-2022, 09:43 PM

Having the same issue with my Nissan Quest. Check the battery voltage when the vehicle is running with everything turned off inside the vehicle, close doors as well. Voltage should be close to 14.5. if not, you have a problem somewhere. check out this site: https://batterygroupexpert.com/how-t...a-car-battery/