Nissan Xterra The Xterra offers a more compact alternative to the Pathfinder, without compromising interior size, and with the optional supercharged engine, it is not all bark and no bite.

Advice on my new Xterra's problem, please

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Default Advice on my new Xterra's problem, please

Question.

I bought a new xterra with 50 miles on it. After made deal and wait to pick up the vehicle the next day. After signed paper and walked to the car to do the inspection. I found alot of dotted red paint on the sides of the vehicle and some are inside. I spoke to the salesman and he said it can be removed. So he gave me paper work indicating that they will buff the paint off for free.

I came back 3 days ago to request the buffing on Tuesday Evening. On Wednesday afternoon, a technician called and said that the paint is too deep. They tried but couldn't get it out. He said he will speak to the manager on Friday Morning and call me back. The same person called me back and they want me to come over and look this afternoon and the paint can't be rid off still.

Does anyone have any advice for me before I head to the dealership because this is my first new car I purchase from the dealer? Thanksssssssssssss for your help and advices.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Advice on my new Xterra's problem, please

just make sure that they take care of you if they dont request another car since its brand new. cause it sounds like there going to have to respray it or wetsand and buff if its that deep. just make sure to inspect it really good after they do whatever they do. also if they try to jack you around just get a lawyer and theyll pucker up real quick and take care of it. im really suprised they sold you a new car with paint spots all over it. let us know what happens.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Default RE: Advice on my new Xterra's problem, please

HI

They did rebuff and did the wetsand, replace the bumper because the paint was deep. I am happy with that.

But the headlights are not even. The aiming is fine but the passenger side light is dimmer than the light on the driver side. I think there is a problem with electrical on the light. The service manager agreed to it also. However, he said that that's how NISSAN designedXterra which the light on driver side to be brighter than passenger side. I never know about this but I think they just bringing up some b.s. to not taking responsibility. So that's my thought, what's your thought in this?

D